Case Modding Newbie Needs Suggestions

Originally posted by Scared0o0Rabbit@Jul 23, 2003 @ 03:29 PM

Any Reason you got rid of the cd-rom drive? I would think it'd be useful to have in there...

you have to have Compaq's special slim drive.

I don't have it and I'm not about to spend $30-40 on eBay for one.

I just open the case and plug in an standard IDE drive when I need one to install Windows.

Otherwise I have USB goodies to use. (Burner, USB Keychain, USB Hard Drive)

Yes, this little Pentium marvel has to fully functional USB drives :D

Plus it will be networked when I'm done

ahh... I just assumed it had one lol. I havne't seen a computer without a cd-rom in a long time. I remember when we got a cd-rom for our computer... was either a 1x or a 2x, plugged into your parallel port. Shortly thereafter we upgraded to a 3x multispin internal that took these funky cartridges... then we got a sound card... sound on your pc... HOW AMAZING IS THAT?!

on a side note... I also recall getting an 8MB hard drive put into one of our computers at one point. We had to remove a 5 1/4 drive to do it... but just imagine... a computer that you didn't need a floppy in to have it work!

well it's a Deskpro -- a business desktop

a lot of business desktops up until the last few years didn't have any optical drives.

This one didn't have sound either.

At my last job I worked on a PII IBM box that didn't have a CD or sound either.

It sucked 'cause I was stuck listening to a lousy radio.

Although now I have nice sound at this job, but we're not allowed to listen to music -- even with headphone. That really blows.

Yeah that does look slick. Waitaminute, are those burned DC games I see lying on the ground there? ;)

Originally posted by it290@Dec 22, 2003 @ 12:55 AM

Yeah that does look slick. Waitaminute, are those burned DC games I see lying on the ground there? ;)

those are clearly legit homebrew programs he was testing

Originally posted by Jurai+Dec 22, 2003 @ 06:29 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Jurai @ Dec 22, 2003 @ 06:29 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-it290@Dec 22, 2003 @ 12:55 AM

those are clearly legit homebrew programs he was testing [/b][/quote]

NesterDC is among the permenant residents by my DC

My wife loves the classic gaming :D

Back