CD burner probs....

Sure Nero has this option, along with a lot of other options Roxio doesn't. If you get out of "Wizard" mode you might see it.

You might also want to try Nero's "Ultrabuffer" that helps with buffer underuns. If you have enough RAM you can set up to 80MB to cache your files/data before it's burned.

It's in "File>Preferences>Ultrabuffer" . . I think.

Thanks Tindo. I was kinda offended by the "fuk Nero" part
tongue.gif
it ROXX. And, uh, yeah! Stop blaming Nero while you run it in unregistered Express mode with lame wizards turned on!
biggrin.gif

Question ... is DMA enabled for your CDRW drive? See Windows' device manager, but also check the BIOS. (I just got a new computer and the BIOS actually lets me choose PIO or DMA modes for each IDE device.)

Also, is the CDRW a slave to your HD or master on the secondary IDE slot? The latter would be preferred, performance-wise.

When you burn audio CDs, do you burn from .wav files? Are they already 44.1kHz 16-bit stereo, or is it possible the burning program has to upsample them in realtime?

you could just buy a new drive. most have great buffer underrun technology. i used to get that all the time when using nero and my old mitsumi 4 speed. now i got a cendyne36/12/48 (r and rw, this thing does it all, RAW DAO, great ripping) and at the time it cost me $50 from newegg. the new one is 52/24/52 (or close to it) and is about $50 or so. great drives.

also isnt buffer underrun attributed to your ram,hdd and stuff like that. like the drive doesnt get the info fast enough or have enough ram to hold it?

Back