CD Recorder problem

I have a Yamaha CRW8824E Cd recorder that has some troubles burning image files 500MB or more. No matter what burning program I use that is what happens. It will just quit 3/4 of the way done. What could be the cause of this?

[gsIRC,June 24 2002,19:03]I have a Yamaha CRW8824E Cd recorder that has some troubles burning image files 500MB or more. No matter what burning program I use that is what happens. It will just quit 3/4 of the way done. What could be the cause of this?

Sliding laser problem ...try update firmware

if you want another alternative, load the image's cue sheet with daemon tools, then make a "cd reader to cd recorder" copy using dj or cdrwin, or ur program of choice. I had a similar problem one time i tried burning at 1 or 2x speed, but the error message said buffer under-run. Hope this helps.

cool.gif

I got the same burner and no problems at all.

there was only 1 firmware update for it, and it had nothing to do with that.. worked fine with the old firmware for me too.

Definitely a hardware problem. Try putting in a CD that you know is full (more than 500MB of data on it), and reading everything on it, i.e. by copying all files to a temp. folder on your HD or something. See if your CD recorder fails to read the outer edge of the CD...if yes, you have your confirmation: Buy a new recorder.
sad.gif

A CD-R on the fritz is a pain in the ass, the laser probably cannot move to the outer edge of the disc (past hte 500 meg mark) so it would just be best to get a new burner.

I have a Creative 24x CD-rom

and it can´t read cd´s with more than 630mb while an old Matsushita 4X read cd´s with 703mb (tested, maybe more)

my drive is gone ? just a new one now ?

I´ll try get borrow a cdrw unit
smile.gif

Thanks

Back