close encounters

So, I was at funcoland the other day perusing the meager selection of DC games when a sony fanboy walks into the store. how did i know he was a sony fanboy? well....

he strikes up a conversation about video gaming with the cashier tooting about his brand spanking PS2 console he bought last month. i really didn't mind, 'cuz i hear that type of stuff all the time. but then he starts talking about my beloved dreamcast...

i'm standing at the DC game shelf about 5 feet away while he flames Sega and the DC. Saying things to the effect of, "I feel sorry for dreamcast owners," or "they didn't stand a chance against Sony," "DC graphics blow...", bla, bla, etc, etc... (of course, i've left out the profane words and what not)

clearly, this guy was deaf to the sound of tension. i wouldn't say it made me angry necessarily.... it provoked such a reaction that i actually felt like chucking a copy of soul fighter at him because that was the crappiest game i could find on the shelf (far be it from me to waste a quality game even in retaliation against the mildly ignorant). but that isn't the end of it...

I selected a choice DC game and proceeded to register as if I'd heard nothing. that's when i saw the PS2 game he was buying: Crazy Taxi!!!

is there no end to hypocrisy in the world!?
sad.gif

(in case you didn't notice, i'm not particularly fond of sony). so sue me...

Originally posted by manyv1kh@July 06 2002,14:35

you might not be...but Sega sure is

:beerchug

Originally posted by manyv1kh@July 05 2002,15:35

So, I was at funcoland the other day perusing the meager selection of DC games when a sony fanboy walks into the store. how did i know he was a sony fanboy? well....

he strikes up a conversation about video gaming with the cashier tooting about his brand spanking PS2 console he bought last month. i really didn't mind, 'cuz i hear that type of stuff all the time. but then he starts talking about my beloved dreamcast...

i'm standing at the DC game shelf about 5 feet away while he flames Sega and the DC. Saying things to the effect of, "I feel sorry for dreamcast owners," or "they didn't stand a chance against Sony," "DC graphics blow...", bla, bla, etc, etc... (of course, i've left out the profane words and what not)

clearly, this guy was deaf to the sound of tension. i wouldn't say it made me angry necessarily.... it provoked such a reaction that i actually felt like chucking a copy of soul fighter at him because that was the crappiest game i could find on the shelf (far be it from me to waste a quality game even in retaliation against the mildly ignorant). but that isn't the end of it...

I selected a choice DC game and proceeded to register as if I'd heard nothing. that's when i saw the PS2 game he was buying: Crazy Taxi!!!

is there no end to hypocrisy in the world!?
sad.gif

same thing happened to me. I was standing in an EB and was just stocking up on all the dc clearnece items. I had aboutr 13 in my arms, not going for more than 240 at most (which is pretty good) and then someguy acutally WEARING playstation shirt (that cool son of a bitch
sarcasm.gif
) starts talking to the clerk about me! He was saying shit like

"woah look at that guy, he must still play his little DREEEEEEAAAAAAAAAMMMMMM CAAAAASSSSSSSSSTTTTTT. HAHAHA... too bad he doesn't have a ps2" (which i do)

then the clerk comes to my rescue saying a bunch of stuff about how the ps2 sucks and how the dreamcast is better. You could see the look of disgust in the guys face... it was great.

I come across that crap all of the time, sony has done a great job of brainwashing the ignorant.. i am proving people i know wrong day in and day out about their beloved ps2, but they wont believe it..

Its like when you tell someone their spouse is cheating on them, but they wont accept it, people take thei ps2 to be their colsest friend,.. why? probably cause they dont want their intelligence insulted when you tell them they bought a $500 peice of horses ass..

haha ps i own a ps2 but only paid $50, take that sony!! VIVA LA SEGA

Face it guys, Your opinions on Sony are no better than their opinions of the Dreamcast.
wink.gif

Since it bothers you so much when they insult DC, why do you do it with the PS2??

It's the same behavior....

Originally posted by Random Hajile@July 06 2002,18:42

Face it guys, Your opinions on Sony are no better than their opinions of the Dreamcast.
wink.gif

Since it bothers you so much when they insult DC, why do you do it with the PS2??

It's the same behavior....

so true
smile.gif

:beerchug

Originally posted by Random Hajile+July 05 2002,21:11--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Random Hajile @ July 05 2002,21:11)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-Gallstaff@July 06 2002,16:10

we don't hate sony, we hate sony FANBOYS.

What is your definition of a Fanboy?
wink.gif
[/b][/quote]

"WEARING playstation shirt"

First, people are pathetic...

Some people, won't even try a product made by another manufacturer than the one they are "loyal" to. Who even cares? They are video games, purely made for the intent of fun. People are ALWAYS comparing systems and trying to prove that their system of choice is better than the persons beside them, their friends, etc. Things are so much easier if everyone just enjoys what they have or want and not get all pissed off when someone else has a different opinion.

Second, if a kid is in a video game store, wearing a playstation shirt and is insulting you or your purchases I'd mildly laugh, and continue on with what i was doing... Seriously, that kid probably has little to no friends, and chances are he'll remain a virgin for the rest of his life.

And finally, learn from these people and don't become one *cough* cherok
wink.gif

although the look on their faces are priceless when you throw everything you've got at them.. haha, it just gets me how little alot of the sonby fanboys know about the industry and game quality, the main focus in their minds is "Sony is god" they dont care why

Here's a quick solution to all this BS: Get a job, and then buy ALL of the consoles so EVERY CONSOLE is your "system of choice", so you'll be bragging about EVERY system.

i bought a copy of penpen tricelon at my local funcoland today. then i went to the much better used video game store and picked up e.g.g., shadowman and evolution 2
heart.gif

as this is the last time i'll have disposable income for the next month/month-and-a-half i then went to the other locaL game store and picked up a copy of bangai-o. not once did i hear one negative word against sega. though i did hear alot of whining children. oh and one of the clerks flaming the 3do (3d slow man 3d slow)

Dreamcast is the best game system to die of crib death
smile.gif

There are titles on the dreamcast that I will play forever, it was a insanely good system and I miss it
sad.gif

But on the other hand... I am not going to bash Sony. Sony didn't kill the Dreamcast, in fact the DC got a boost in sales due to the lack of PS2 units available 2 christmases ago. I have alot of friend that were waiting on the ps2 but bought a DC instead and felt happy about the change of mind. I am not sure really what killed the system. The games were superb the system had immense untapped potential.

I am not a blind fanboy of any of the gaming factions. I have had the luck of owning ever major game system over the last 15+ years besides the XBox and GameCube... and those two mainly because the games arent there yet for me. I think every system has its merits and has titles that make you remember everything that you felt the first time you picked up a controller. There are alot of quality games out there and alot of quality consoles. I've never let myself get bogged down in the useless arguments of "this system pushes more polygons" or "this system has better games".

I'm a fan of Sega games but not a Sega Fanboy... I'm a fan of Sony games but not a Sony Fanboy. There are too many great games out there to draw lines in the sand over it
smile.gif

mmmm soul caliber, i miss dreamcast too, the one thing that will always have me not liking the ps2 was when i first saw one and the clerk told me it has no loading time and that jazz so i walked over hit start in ssx and what happened it took 20-30 secs to load and after that i promised not to buy one. but it is a good system not the best one out. it has alot of games i like, but my friend just got one so its all good.

sony has mastered the whole feeling of godness by the fact that ppl have watched how many consoles die and sony keeps getting bigger. plus the brainwashing of sony showing off the good games and the fact that sony makes everything possible that is electronic. sony is the microsoft of electronics.
biggrin.gif

Very true! people see quality when they buy sony products, no matter how good the product actually is people can justify payngg more because supposedly sony products are "that " much better than the rest, no matter what. It is an insult to somebodys ego when you call their sony product trash, "This is a Sony" they say! haha.. poor bastards

Sony on the other hand has been brilliant from day one, who is their marketing brain? lets steal him..
ohmy.gif

Back