Converting a TG-16 unti to a PCEngine unit

I want to convert one of my Turbografx units to play Japanese cards. I know it can be done, but I do not have the confidence to undertake it myself. If anyone would be willing to do this for me, please e-mail me.

quick@gbronline.com

As far as I know, you WILL need the Hu-card port of a broken PCE, then you WILL have to remove the Hu-card port of the TG16, figure out the internal wiring and hope that it goes unnoticed. There is no way to only "reconfigure" the internal wiring, you need the physical entry as well. I had read somewhere also that the mod is permanent.

To tell the truth, you better go for a PCE Core System, they're selling for around $50 with controllers and games, much less than a Hu-card converter... and you also avoid wasting your TG16 system :)

No, you can convert a TG-16 unit as it is with just some rewiring of the pin contacts. I have the diagram to do it, so I know it can be done, I just don't feel super confident doing it. I have 4 extra units, so wasting one is not too great a loss, I just thought I'd seen someone else here do it before.

You can install a 8PDT switch and you are good! It does require a bit of soldering, but I am here to help. I can help you get the required 8PDT switch, and my website can give you some guidance!

Let me know if you are interested in the switches and want some advice on the install.

Erik AKA DUO_R

duo_r@sbcglobal.net

Duo Mod Install

Back