Crazy Taxi: Catch a Ride Preview

Makes you wonder why then JGR for the GBA looks so lousy (in comparison). Quite easily the best looking GBA game thus far. Hopefully the framerates will keep up. But considering the size of the maps, I wonder what gets cut out of the final product?

Looks nice! Its far from the arcade version, but it could still be cool to play it handheld. The closest on Gba this far is Driver 2, it has very nice gfx, and the town looks fantastic and it is also very big, without much slowdown. However, it doesn´t have any hills.

Not to be negative or anything here but I think all these games coming out for GBA that boast about polygons and great graphics and stuff are just CRAP! The thing says it's a 32 bit system and while i guess in some ways it is, it's just a beefed up portable snes. THey're making games for the GBA that shouldn't be made. For example, just because you CAN make first person shooters and games like crazy taxi and driver doesn't mean you should. They look like watered down shitty versions of the console counterparts. I think the GBA should stick to super nintendo ports and original games but no more of these "Aw snap, look at deez awosome graphix for da GBA!"

No - you need to be able to choose routes beyond left or right for it to work properly. Maybe an isometric (like "Paperboy") version would work...

Yeah, right up until you turn the corner of a tall building and your car is no longer to be seen
tongue.gif

Originally posted by MTXBlau@Jan. 30 2003, 5:14 am

Quite easily the best looking GBA game thus far.

I've got to disagree there, I think it looks horrible. Why people keep trying to do grainy 3d on the GBA when it can produce such beautiful 2d stuff is beyond me..

I'm waiting to see it in action before I make too many judgements.

If it's fun, I'll buy it. If it's not, I won't -- it's as simple as that

Well, myself I have nothing against developers making 3d games on Gba. Games like V-Rally 3 looks almost as good as the console versions and plays just as good. And games like Ecks Vs Sever 2, Duke Nukem 3d and foremost Dark Arena are really fun and looks good. Driver 2 also, is really fun. And the games made by Pockeeters looks simply amazing. Check this http://www.pocketeers.com/ now you might believe the Gba can do 3d quite well enough. Still, I cant imagine seeing Mario or Castlevania in 3d on Gba. That would be horrific...

I think there is a quite good mix of both 3d games and 2d games for Gba.

Originally posted by Daniel Eriksson@Jan. 31 2003, 11:46 am

Check this http://www.pocketeers.com/ now you might believe the Gba can do 3d quite well enough. Still, I cant imagine seeing Mario or Castlevania in 3d on Gba. That would be horrific...

Wow nice site -- thanks for the link.

And yes, I would definately have to agree with you on the Mario and Castlevania thing. Some games should just stay 2D -- especially on handhelds. I've never been a big fan of 3D platformers. Sonic Adventure levels with Sonic racing around are the closest thing to quality.

Are you saying Mario 64 should have been dumped in favour of a 2d game? Hmm.. Much as I like the speedy SA2 levels, they don't come close to some of the n64's platformers (Mario, Donkey Kong, Conker's BFD etc). So far the hardware hasn't been able to cope with a 3d Sonic game IMO.

Back