CYBER 3in1 Compatibility

http://www.cinnamonpirate.com/docs/cyber-3in1

If anyone else owns one of these adapters, could you let me know which controllers works for you and which don't?

I've already gone through my collection and translated the official compatibility list so the list has a fair start. Of course, I only have access to USA controllers right now, so third-party controllers only available locally to Australia, Europe and Japan are beyond my access.

The 3in1 is a damn nice adapter. It does Saturn, Dreamcast and PlayStation.

Lik Sang sells them for $20, but with their enormous trans-Pacific shipping rate it's usually cheaper to buy them locally over eBay from a reseller (usually a $2 mark-up).

Originally posted by Supergrom@Sun, 2005-07-10 @ 01:29 PM

whoa, i might have to get one of those, though all the controllers i have are already listed on your compatibility list. One thing i want to know though, does it support using all three ports at the same time, or just one at a time?

[post=136547]Quoted post[/post]​

Unfortunately, no. I had been hoping for that feature too.

It's just one at a time. But it still kicks ass when you think of how many controllers this opens up. I use my Dreamcast controller for Chankast and Project64, PSX controller for PSX, and Saturn controller for everything else.

I wish I knew if the PS2 NeoGeo Pad was supported. I'd kill to be able to use that one.

Originally posted by Mask of Destiny@Thu, 2005-07-14 @ 03:27 PM

Does it support the rumble feature on controllers that have it?

[post=136735]Quoted post[/post]​

Good question. I don't have any games with rumble support to test ...

I'd be interested in a couple other things:

1) Does it support mapping the d-pad as buttons instead of axes? (I'm guessing not, since the DDR pad is listed as "partial compatibility")

2) How much current can it source? Some USB adapters are really bad about this.

As for the PS2 Neo-Geo pad, I'd say odds are pretty good that it would work, since it is a licensed pad and AFAICT there's no reason to use a modified protocol for it. Of course, I can't offer any actual observation of it since I don't have either the adapter or the pad <_<

Originally posted by Supergrom+Sat, 2005-07-16 @ 05:57 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Supergrom @ Sat, 2005-07-16 @ 05:57 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'>In the controller properties the button sensor doesnt light up until the trigger is all the way down, so im not sure why it is thinking its on. Is there any way i can set a dead zone, or take just the triggers off analog while leaving the stick on analog?

[post=136801]Quoted post[/post]​

[/b]

Hi, going from memory here but I think this is the trick.

The DC properties detect the analog part of the button and the actual contact press as two separate events. If you only partially press the button and do not make the full contact, it should map the analog part of the button to the event.

I'm not sure what will happen then though if you mash the button all the way down.

Hope that helps.

<!--QuoteBegin-ExCyber
@Fri, 2005-07-15 @ 02:29 PM

1) Does it support mapping the d-pad as buttons instead of axes? (I'm guessing not, since the DDR pad is listed as "partial compatibility")

[/quote]

That would depend entirely on your software. I know in stuff like ePSXe or most other controller configs, when you select an event and it prompts you for a button press, anything pressed will be mapped to it in direct-input. In this manner you could map x-axis(+)/(-) to separate buttons.

Or you could use something like JoyToKey (it can map pads to keypresses so they work in everything--handy for DOSBox, it also interprets andles as different keypress events). However I think JoyToKey would conflict if your program is autodetecting the presence of a gamepad and does not allow customization.

Originally posted by Supergrom@Tue, 2005-07-19 @ 12:50 PM

ok, i got the problem with the triggers fixed, I just used a different input plugin for 1964. Also, i have my d-pad mapped to the c-buttons, and in the controller configuration it has the d-pad mapped to a POV hat and buttons 13-16 if i recall correctly.

[post=136904]Quoted post[/post]​

It actually varies by system controller. Some systems map it to axis and some map it to button presses.

Originally posted by DBOY@Tue, 2005-07-19 @ 01:31 AM

That would depend entirely on your software. I know in stuff like ePSXe or most other controller configs, when you select an event and it prompts you for a button press, anything pressed will be mapped to it in direct-input. In this manner you could map x-axis(+)/(-) to separate buttons.

[post=136889]Quoted post[/post]​

The problem is that an axis can't be in more than one place at once. Even if you map it to the appropriate actions, simultaneous up+down and left+right presses are impossible. On a normal pad these combinations are physically impossible anyway, but they are vital for correct functioning of dance pads.

Originally posted by ExCyber@Thu, 2005-07-21 @ 12:16 AM

The problem is that an axis can't be in more than one place at once. Even if you map it to the appropriate actions, simultaneous up+down and left+right presses are impossible. On a normal pad these combinations are physically impossible anyway, but they are vital for correct functioning of dance pads.
Well, I suppose if you really want one, you could cannibalize a DDR pad and rewire up/down/left/right to map to L1, R1, L2 and R2 in the data signal. Then you'd have a pad with no axis ... Just store a custom controller config for that game in your emulator.

At that point I may as well just build my own adapter (and I did, but it's not USB, needs a dedicated driver, possibly results in overvolting the PSX logic gates, and is currently housed in one half of a checkbook box - works great though :D). Seriously though, I could go for something a little more sturdy/compatible than my current solution if it doesn't cost too much, which is why I asked.

Back