Damn Shining Force Sound!

I read some posts that i thought would help me, but they did'nt work! Here's my problem: All of the sound effects in my shining force CD iso work, but the background music still isn't there. I tried renaming them from track 02-35 to shining_02.mp3-35 and then i changed the name of the iso from Track1.iso to shining.iso. That didn't work. I converted the mp3s to wave and that did'nt work either. I tried this on a disk i burnt of the game too and that didn't work (although I guess it would'nt). I'm using the gens emulator, but i also tried it on kega. What the hell am i doing wrong! Please help me!! Just remember that i'm not exactly a prodigy when it comes to emulation so reply as is you were talking to an eight year old.

try getting rid of the underscore in the mp3 rename.ie shiningforce.iso shiningforce01.mp3 shiningforce02.mp3 and so on and so forth.thats how i get my iso to work properly in gens

Do not put .iso or .mp3 at the end. Just leave it as Shiningforce, Shiningforce_02, Shiningforce_03, and so on. I had the same problem. I kept typing in the .iso and .mp3 and it didn't work. You don't have to put the _ you can just put a space in between the name and track number. Your comp will automatically add a .iso at the end of the title when sellecting it. It doesn't work if it reads Shiningforce.iso.iso It took me a week just to figure it out. Boy don't I feel dumb...
biggrin.gif

Originally posted by kulilin4000@Aug. 18 2002, 12:29 am

Do not put .iso or .mp3 at the end. Just leave it as Shiningforce, Shiningforce_02, Shiningforce_03, and so on. I had the same problem. I kept typing in the .iso and .mp3 and it didn't work. You don't have to put the _ you can just put a space in between the name and track number. Your comp will automatically add a .iso at the end of the title when sellecting it. It doesn't work if it reads Shiningforce.iso.iso It took me a week just to figure it out. Boy don't I feel dumb...
biggrin.gif

That applies only if you are renaming in Windows Explorer and have the folder view setting for "Hide file extensions for known file types" checked. If that setting is not checked, or if you are renaming in a command prompt, you'd have to type out the entire file name with its extension.

I'm really sorry for pestering you guys like this, but it's still not working! Is it possible that instead of reading the files that I renamed, the emulator is reading the unchanged files that are still in rar format? I'd test it but i dont want to lose those files because it would be a pain in the ass to download them again. I've got one other question, when exactly does the background music start in the game? For example, at the title screen where it shows the shining force logo, is there music playing in the background? The only reason i ask this is so i have a more immediate place to see if the music works instead of waiting for the first battle. Again, I'm really sorry about this.
sad.gif

Right when you start up the game and get past the bios you should hear Sonic Software Planning. At the press start screen there is music.

Back