Debugging Stations, Saturn, Playstation, Gameboy

I have some debugging stations that I got from a company going under. One is an Asian NTSC region Saturn (reads Psygnosis 1994 on the side) one is a Playstation NTSC-U/C DTL-H1101, and then I have about 11 gameboy sized carts that I don't know what they do. None of the carts boot up in my GBA, but that may be because there's nothing on them.

What are these worth? What do they do? Does anyone want them?

SN Systems first sold their Psy-Q tools through Psygnosis.

PS. isn't Google Groups a wonderful thing?

There seems to be a bit of Saturn- and PSX-related discussion from around that time, with some "heavy hitters" participating like Mick West, now one of the head programmers at Neversoft. Not that much detailed technical content though due to NDAs.

I'm also interested in the Saturn and PSX debugs (provided dhau hasn't finished trying to make his deal yet [first come first serve]).

My contact info is also in my profile...

~Krelian

People are asking $500-1,000 for complete Playstation kits. Since this is used, and I can't guarantee they work (though I have no reason to believe they don't), and incomplete I'd be willing to take a lot less.. but I gotta take the best offer. So just PM me your offer.

link

you know I was thinking that too.. but then again how many of you guys go there regularly. Now how many of the guys who go there regularly know what they are. I think this kind of thing belongs here. Sorry for any inconvenience.

You should probably just put them on ebay soon. You're more likely to get a big wad of cash there.

I'd rather take a little less than market value and someone from this community get it than deal with ebay, but if you guys aren't really interested (or don't want to make a reasonable offer) I'll just go to ebay.

Basically I'll answer any questions about it and provide pictures, and I have good ebay feedback to vouch for my rep.

I'm not going to buy it, but does the Saturn have any special features (eg. NMI cable)?

Originally posted by chainsmoker@Nov 23, 2003 @ 05:25 AM

I think this kind of thing belongs here (dev forum).

You're selling something, so no it doesn't.

Could you please list what you want for them?

Originally posted by chainsmoker@Nov 21, 2003 @ 10:15 PM

People are asking $500-1,000 for complete Playstation kits. Since this is used, and I can't guarantee they work (though I have no reason to believe they don't), and incomplete I'd be willing to take a lot less.. but I gotta take the best offer. So just PM me your offer.

link

Considering this thread was in 1999, the price is a lot less these days. The Playstation is a thing of the past now.

Please state the price you're selling for?

It's true the market for Playstation stuff is smaller these days, but if this is the 8MB model it should fetch more than the Yaroze or green testing machines.

Originally posted by antime@Nov 22, 2003 @ 08:16 PM

It's true the market for Playstation stuff is smaller these days, but if this is the 8MB model it should fetch more than the Yaroze or green testing machines.

Dude! Tell me more about green psxes! I heard a lot about blue and black units, but never about green!

Originally posted by Lyzel+Nov 22, 2003 @ 07:30 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Lyzel @ Nov 22, 2003 @ 07:30 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-chainsmoker@Nov 21, 2003 @ 10:15 PM

link

Considering this thread was in 1999, the price is a lot less these days. The Playstation is a thing of the past now.

Please state the price you're selling for? [/b][/quote]

1999 - 1995 = 4

2000+4 = 2004

I guess 500-900 $ will be a vary fair and reasonable price in 2004 for a T10K debug PS2 unit.

However in 2003 + 4 = 2007, it will be way cheaper due to ps2 fading away to and ps3 / xbox next dominating the the market for 3 years.

Just some toughts :)

I personally love the deep blue color of debug stations, plus I'll be able to make better demos using 8MB of ram. But then again, considering how easy it is to develop for PS2 with Linux Kit and DC with BBA/LAN adapter and KalistiOS, I wouldn't sell my organs to get it ;) Well, may be just left kidney :)

being the owner of only 1 kidney, and having the knowledge that if I ever want to drink alcohol I can't, you may not be willing to go for that ;)

Back