Debugging Stations, Saturn, Playstation, Gameboy

The green Playstations are also testing stations and can run burned discs from any region, but as they were meant for testing the finished game they lack the extra memory. Functionally they should be identical to a chipped grey retail unit (and in fact, many companies used chipped Playstations due to them being a lot cheaper).

The black machines are Yaroze machines, they lack region protection but are otherwise identical to retail hardware. The full package comes with a PC link cable, a special memorycard and the Yaroze software.

White development machines contain MPEG-decoder chips (like the external VCD carts).

Were there more types of machines?

I know about those, but didn't mention them since we're talking actual machines here. I think I've seen a mention of red machines somewhere, but I don't know what they were meant for. Could have been an earlier or later generation of the hardware (some early devkits were made before the hardware was finalized, but I would expect most of those machines were returned to Sony in exchange for newer ones).

Originally posted by Jurai@Nov 23, 2003 @ 12:52 AM

i saw a green psx at a pawn shop once

I doubt it was original green. There was a lot of aftermarket repplacement cases with all kinds of colors and even the transparent models, usually about 10-15$ a piece.

Another possibility is people using good quality spray paint to change the color.

And then again, who knows ? :)

Sorry there are no prices because originally I did not post this in the buy/sell thread.

I guess if I have to put a price I will say $1000 for both obo. Very flexible :).

Back