• Rise from your gwave!

Diablo I & II

Discussion in 'General' started by Ratamahatta, Apr 14, 2002.

1. Ratamahatta

Ratamahatta Member

Diablo I & II

Ok heres my prob, my asus 8x dvd will not play diablo 1 or 2 it simply says please insert xx disc and press retry. for some odd reason diablo wont recognize my dvd drive, any ideas?

2. Mysticales

Mysticales New Member

Diablo I & II

Rata. Please email me on this one as I do blizzard as well. Actually...thats my main focus....so I have TRUE contact with blizzard and can help you out. No need to continue posting on this.

3. maidtina

maidtina New Member

Diablo I & II

i'd suggest looking in astalavista.box.sk for the no CD crack, mind you ive never had problems with the originals

4. megametalgreymon

megametalgreymon New Member

Diablo I & II

this might or might not be the problem

do you have a writer on the same pc?

if so, try it in that, since it may be looking at the first cd-rom device it sees, rather than all of them

i know the original gta was like that, so its worth a try

5. Ratamahatta

Ratamahatta Member

Diablo I & II

Nope, tried it all, and it still doesnt work. I have come to the conclusion that asus sells shit. dvd = crap

Oh, cant forget celerons either, they are right up there for garbage cpu's

6. Mysticales

Mysticales New Member

Diablo I & II

Why Rata posts here and not write "support@blizzard.com" is beyond me ;) Then again Ill let you know wht my friend there tells me of this......Somehow I think its you and 98......I mean I run them fine...but im looking into it...

7. Ratamahatta

Ratamahatta Member

Diablo I & II

My machine runs win 98 like garbage. blue screens of death all the time and all sorts of errors and slowdowns, even after a clean install.

8. megametalgreymon

Diablo I & II

most likly youve got some sort of hardware fault, tryied swapping your ram or cpu?

other prime candidate for it would be the motherboard itself

9. Ratamahatta

Ratamahatta Member

Diablo I & II

I plan on getting rid of the motherboard. Its an asus tuv4x.

10. gamefoo21

gamefoo21 New Member

Diablo I & II

hey ratta might you have a boot sector virus or even a dreaded bios virus*i had to toss a mobo because my *bios got infected and i couldn't flash it*

11. Ratamahatta

Ratamahatta Member

Diablo I & II

I'm ghonna flash my mobo's bios anyways, seems like whenever I get a mobo the bios is disgustingly out of date anyways.

12. megametalgreymon

Diablo I & II

thats when a friend with access to an eprom burner is very useful to have

usually the bios on a board will be out of date for 2 reasons

1) it was sat in stock in some warehouse for a while

2) they just carried on using the old images rather than the newest available one, figuring that anyone who wants the newest one can do it themselves