Do you have any family traditions for Christmas?

IceDigger

Founder
Staff member
If so, post 'em here!

For my family, we do not put up or trim the Christmas tree untill Christmas Eve. We picked out a 9 ft. tree this year. Also, every year we go over my Aunt and Uncles on Christmas day for a nice big feast.

Once we put it up, I'll post pics.
smile.gif

Yeah. My father says that xmas is a fuckin' stupid cristian capitalism tradition, my mother get pissed off, my brother call comunist to my father, my grandma is already drunked at the third sentence of the dialogue and I laugh a lot with all that.

lol...

My family just gather around in some of our family's houses, I think it will be in my uncle's this year...

We spend all the day togheter and talk about almost everything...

We all just gather at my parent's place, 7 brothers and my parents makes for quite a crowd.

My evil, bigoted maternal grandparents used to come too, but they caused so much trouble every year that they're no longer welcome, and christmas is thankfully much more enjoyable now.

Geez, quite a bit of bitterness towards family members on this board....

Remember, its a lot easier to love your family, then to like em.

But anyways, maybe its time I go reconcile with my family....it is the holidays after all....

My immediate family(mother, sisters) get together and go to my aunts house on christmas eve. On christmas day, the whole family gets together. Grandparents, aunts, uncles, etc....We come from all over the country. Some even from Canada. It's a big thing. Then some of us go to my uncle's house for dinner. This year, my immediate family and I will get together early to head to my aunts. I need to then go to my girlfriend's aunt's to spend time with her family. And I have to squeeze them in christmas day, also. It's going to be wierd, she just had a miscarriage, and everyone in her family knows about it already. And they're probably going to want to talk about it. God, like it's not bad enough, and they'll want me to talk about it with all of them like it a normal topic, like a new car or something? God, I hate families where everyone knows everything, and want to talk everything out. I'm dreading it. God, i'm pissed and depressed. Oh well, life goes on. Maybe the next child will work out. It would've been a nice christmas gift to us though.

During day 24 we play videogames and Multiplayer PC Games, and drunk a lot ;-)

Then we go celebrate xmas in the house of someonw of the family, and drunk more.

this may sound weird but on christmas days i usually throw everyone out and play through xmas-nights. J/K
biggrin.gif

well, i don't do anything special. just sitting around and waiting for it to get by.
sarcasm.gif

We do something called 'gourmetten' There is this big hot plate on the table and everybody has his own little pan to bake things in (mushrooms, meat, veggies etc.). Everbody eats till their belly hurts and starts farting and burping, it usually ens up having the door open for fresh air. But then it gets cold..... this story really sucks... sorry ???

Back