Does anyone want my magazine scanning job?

A cluster of omminous storm clouds form and begin to circle around lordofducts village! Off in the distance you can hear the cackle of Racketboy and Dud...

"MUWAHAHAHAHAHAHA, it shall go as planned... MUWA WA WAHAHAHAHAHA... ca cough cough, excuse me."

I haven't done any yet, I scanned the first 80 pages of one of them, and they're all tilted because my scanner's internals are off by a degree or so, so I have to adjust the angle manually in Photoshop for each scan. That is also why I wouldn't miss it much if I gave it away.

You know you can do batch processing in PS, right?

Originally posted by it290@Mon, 2005-07-25 @ 12:04 PM

You know you can do batch processing in PS, right?

[post=137237]Quoted post[/post]​

Of course I don't know that, I probably know less than 1% of Photoshop's features.

Man I have a TON of mag's I still need to scan, everything from sega magazine, or whatever it was called back then, to My entire collection of sega visions, which is ALOT of mags, not too mention the diehard gamefan mags, and gameplayers, etc.. etc.... sheeesh..

BTW, anyone that agrees to scan them agrees to send me a high-res (at least 300dpi) version of them.

that was one of the original conditions :)

That was what I was gonna scan them at and then lower res for upload to the site (by the way, what format and res should I put them in?). After that I'll put it on a DVD and mail them to ya. (I am NOT gonna upload HighRes .PDF files, that would take days!)

yeah :)

I scanned them as high quality JPEGs and them imported them into a PDF.

I also touched up the pages with brightness/contrast, and cleaning up the edges, etc.

UPDATE:

racketboy:

I'm sorry, the magazines got lost in the mail. lordofduct got an empty box marked "received empty". What most likely happened is the tape on the bottom of the box got worn away from sliding on floors or whatever and the weight of the contents of the boxed tore through. The whole situation reeks of postal stupidity as far I am concerned. Mainly because someone had to have been carrying the box when it broke open, and didn't care enough to save the contents. Wouldn't it have made more sense to either repackage the thing or simply throw the box away? What good does an empty box do anyone? Anyway, I'm sorry I lost em. I didn't get insurance on them since I figured they'd be irreplacable regardless of how much money I got out of insurance claims, so I don't even have any money to offer you for the mistake.

eeh -- that's life I guess.

that's a bummer...

At least I still have my Sega Visions -- which I know Cloud is itching for still

Back