FBA WIP

vbt

Staff member
caius said:
Very good and promising!How is the speed on a real Saturn?What is the level of emulation (sound, sprite priority, etc..)?

Actually it runs at 45fps on 50hz saturn.

I'm not sure sprite priority is emulated but colors, layers, sprites, scrolling are emulated.

But there is no sound and I've disable the second z80. The next step is to debug Raze with the help of SatCom.
 
vbt said:
Actually it runs at 45fps on 50hz saturn.

I'm not sure sprite priority is emulated but colors, layers, sprites, scrolling are emulated.

But there is no sound and I've disable the second z80. The next step is to debug Raze with the help of SatCom.

OK, thanks.I'm asking this because sprite priorities are very important in Sega System 1 games, also MAME had some troubles with it in the past.Try Pitfall II, for example, to rest if they are OK.
 

vbt

Staff member
xtowxnnyyg8lpiek5t4v.jpg
 

Runik

Staff member
Great work vbt !
cool.gif


Those Pang / Super Pang shots are gorgeous ...

Personally I'd love to see the M62 driver running.

What's the story behind cancelled drivers ?
 

vbt

Staff member
Runik said:
Great work vbt !
cool.gif


Those Pang / Super Pang shots are gorgeous ...

Personally I'd love to see the M62 driver running.

ok, it will be the next one. I'll have to upgrade the menu to support a bigger list.

What's the story behind cancelled drivers ?

about irem drivers i got some problems with palettes(i think it's 32 colors palettes) and also a strange background layer. Vigilante is running.

About Black tiger, i was just lazy, i've ported most of the driver but didn't try it at all.
 

vbt

Staff member
Chilly Willy said:
Nice! It just keeps getting better.
laugh.gif

I'm working on a release version even if it's not perfect. I have a random bug I can't explain on Bank Panic.

When you kill a guy who delivers money you loose and then there is a problem on tiles, it's like it start column 2 instead of 0
sad.gif


[attachment=7739:correct_bankp.JPG][attachment=7740:bug_2.JPG]
 

Attachments

  • correct_bankp.JPG
    correct_bankp.JPG
    164.6 KB · Views: 108
  • bug_2.JPG
    bug_2.JPG
    164.7 KB · Views: 113

Chilly Willy

Established Member
vbt said:
I'm working on a release version even if it's not perfect. I have a random bug I can't explain on Bank Panic.

When you kill a guy who delivers money you loose and then there is a problem on tiles, it's like it start column 2 instead of 0
sad.gif


[attachment=7739:correct_bankp.JPG][attachment=7740:bug_2.JPG]

COOL!!!
biggrin.gif


Oh, you mean it's not supposed to do that?
smile.gif
 

vbt

Staff member
Gardia is working better now, I've rotated tiles, map, sprites and fixed scrolling.

FBA is not yet ready for a release, I have some trouble to reinit things when you exit a driver. I it's not memory problems, sometimes it remains sprites (but i have erased all) or i get black screen but the menu works, i don't manage to reinit vram,sprites,layers everytime, it depends on drivers i quit.
 

Attachments

  • gardia.jpg
    gardia.jpg
    247.7 KB · Views: 113

vbt

Staff member
should i add pacman driver ? it adds many games but not sure they are good (execpt Pengo)

Birdiy,pengo,Ali Baba and 40 Thieves,MTV Rock-N-Roll Trivia,Big Bucks,Atlantic City Action,Boardwalk Casino,Dream Shopper,Naughty Mouse,Van-Van Car,Beastie Feastie,Ponpoko,Lizard Wizard,Cannon Ball, Pac Man, ...
 

vbt

Staff member
other driver i'd like to add :

system e (from mame)

darius (from raine)

dangar (from raine)

Heavy Unit (from raine)

system L (from raine)

ATOMIC ROBOKID (from raine)

do you think they can run full speed ?
 

Chilly Willy

Established Member
Wow, my hat's off to you, man. That you have stuck with it and added all this stuff... and as for the stuff you're asking whether or not to add, I say go for it!
laugh.gif


Even if it turns out a bit slow, you can't really know beforehand, so sometimes you just have to try it to see.
 

vbt

Staff member
Chilly Willy said:
Wow, my hat's off to you, man. That you have stuck with it and added all this stuff... and as for the stuff you're asking whether or not to add, I say go for it!
laugh.gif

well, i always want to add more, i'm slow and work on it only during holidays. it's at the end of next week, so some news soon
smile.gif
))

Even if it turns out a bit slow, you can't really know beforehand, so sometimes you just have to try it to see.

yes i will try.
 

vbt

Staff member
well, new wip is just about adding overlay support and so "unlimited" drivers.
is there anyone who would like to port fba drivers on saturn here ?
 

vbt

Staff member
overlay seems to work correctly
already 3 drivers running correctly
main binary size is 70kb and drivers between 40 and 60kb
 
Top