IMG_0339.jpg

IMG_0340.jpg

IMG_0341.jpg

Those are my girlfriends lovely hands by the way
wink.gif

That's pretty cool! Now of course it's no PSO
biggrin.gif
tongue.gif
but I'm sure it's a fairly good MMORPG. I'm no longer as die-hard an FF fan as I was years ago (Phantasy Star owns Final Fantasy), so I didn't sign-up. I would'nt mind that HDD though, for my PoS2, when I get mine in about a month.

Originally posted by Zziggy00@Jun 18, 2003 @ 03:28 AM

how'd you land being a beta tester

I posted a little while ago where to apply to do it. Guess you guys weren't paying enough attention
smile.gif

I couldn't do it cos it was only for the US..

Yawn

I find it funny that people in Japan are already getting bored of the game.

Then agian it's been out over there for over a YEAR now. I really don't see why they even need a beta test over here.

How far ahead, on average do you think, is japan from america in when their games get released and from when they do over here?

If it's a really popular game (Metroid, Sonic, etc) no more than 4-5 months, more if there is alot of text in the game. For lesser titles it can be as much as 6-8 months on average. Some of the more niche titles usually can take longer.

I was really excited the first time I heard about this game, which was probly a year ago when it was comming out in Japan. If I had a PS2 I would probably care more, but it seems to me like this game will not last that long on the online game front. There's so many newer and better online games that are slated for release, I don't think this game will be too popular except with the diehard FF fanbase (or ex-FF fanboys like me and Cloud121
biggrin.gif
).

You have pretty hands, Jaded.
blush.gif

...kidding

Originally posted by gameboy900@Jun 18, 2003 @ 10:16 PM

If it's a really popular game (Metroid, Sonic, etc) no more than 4-5 months, more if there is alot of text in the game. For lesser titles it can be as much as 6-8 months on average. Some of the more niche titles usually can take longer.

They can't just develop the English and Japanese versions together? At least for titles they know they're going to release over here? I can see why some might wait to see how something sells, but when you're almost positive and English version is coming anyway, why not just do it all at once? I'm sure there are enough people that know both languages well enough.

Well the problem is that the Japanese developers have this "fuck the rest of the world" attitude. So they concentrate on the game for their market and don't particularly care about other regions. When the game is done they esentially hand over all the code and stuff to another team who then does the localization.

Yeah, Square have a particularly bad reputation for ignoring the other markets as well.

Remember all those classic SNES RPGs? We don't over here.. The only Square games released for the PAL SNES were FF: Mystic Quest (shite), Secret of Evermore (shite) and Secret of Mana (how did that happen?). So far as I know, there's never been a PAL optimised Square game either, which is pretty shocking for a company that prides itself on presentation.

Hopefully they'll get better post-merger..

oh gat damn it.... screw you guys... I'm going home......................

Man that would be sweet. Jaded How is it so far? How does it look?

How does it play?

I still don't know yet I am waiting on getting a new adapter since my friend lost mine... I am buying one tomorrow though since I was $10.00 bucks short.

ahhh no fair >_< all u did was sign up!!!!!

thats ok cuz i have a copy too MWAHAHA!!!

whats wierd though is, you have long fingernails, like a girl. and i thought u were a man, boy that sure twisted my eyeballs. theni read that they were your gilfriends hands oh relief

i should have signed up for the ps2 version. everyone i know that signed up was accepted. i signed up for the pc version and heard squat.

Back