Finally got it

Originally posted by Gallstaff@June 24 2002,13:38

Yeah, the xbox already CAN go online if you know how to do it while the ps2 has been promising a hard drive and online capibilities for about a year now.

The PS2 can go online as well,if you know how to do it(usb modem and Tony Hawk)...and has been able to since shortly after launch(in the U.S)The harddrive isnt really needed and probably wont be out till 2003.(for FFXI)

Originally posted by Supergrom@June 24 2002,20:23

a usb modem costs more than the dvd remote for the xbox, and there isnt much to do online with the ps2. at least the xbox has Halo to play online. and mod chips arent that much. you can get a modchip for somewhere between 60 and 80 bucks. That still keeps the price under the initial $300 price tag.

broadband internet service costs $40-$50 a month...at least with the PS2 Network adapter,you can still play games online using a 56k connection...Halo = overrated crap...

hey, wait, just a question that's bugged me for a long time now...

Do you find prices of game systems/internet connections/electronics there in the US cheap/expensive? I mean, our minimum salary here in the Philippines is 200pesos per day ($4). That's 8 working hours per day. How about you guys there? But I'd say cost of living here is a breather. Our BigMac of McDonald's here cost about $1.5. How about there? And PS2 units here cost about $340 with mod (NeoKey x.x i forgot) and AR2. And we have PSX cd's for $1 each (hahaha). Ordinary burgers here cost $0.50
smile.gif

And while you speak, $30 for internet connections, it's like dirt to you... is it really like that? If you're familiar with the Philippine environment, it's the reason for the boom of prepaid services and SMS messaging (TXT messaging). sorry for the off-topic/off-thread post. But it was a follow-up to the last post here...
smile.gif

Originally posted by ViperA2001@June 24 2002,20:55

hey, wait, just a question that's bugged me for a long time now...

Do you find prices of game systems/internet connections/electronics there in the US cheap/expensive? I mean, our minimum salary here in the Philippines is 200pesos per day ($4). That's 8 working hours per day. How about you guys there? But I'd say cost of living here is a breather. Our BigMac of McDonald's here cost about $1.5. How about there? And PS2 units here cost about $340 with mod (NeoKey x.x i forgot) and AR2. And we have PSX cd's for $1 each (hahaha). Ordinary burgers here cost $0.50
smile.gif

And while you speak, $30 for internet connections, it's like dirt to you... is it really like that? If you're familiar with the Philippine environment, it's the reason for the boom of prepaid services and SMS messaging (TXT messaging). sorry for the off-topic/off-thread post. But it was a follow-up to the last post here...
smile.gif

that reminds me, broadband service isnt available everywhere... yet another flaw with xboxs online strategy...also,ViperA2001 $30 certainly is alot for online services to me...and i can get burgers here at Mcdonalds for $0.49...
biggrin.gif

Originally posted by cww80@June 23 2002,19:36

...at least with the PS2 Network adapter,you can still play games online using a 56k connection...
Only some games, and othe ones wihtout voice and other features. I personally don't enjoy lag, hoeabout you?

Halo = overrated crap
You=closed minded, haven't played it except maybe for 10 minutes at EB/A babages store/Wal-Mart. You=seeming to become more and more fanboyish.

Think about it, which consile is the better investment? One that has more games (most of which can induce vomiting), and has a future linup of sequals and licensed games, or one with fewer, but jsut as many or more quality games, and future linup is not 90% sequals/licensed games, and has nearly all of the Sega exclusives?

Originally posted by Zero 9+June 24 2002,21:11--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Zero 9 @ June 24 2002,21:11)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-cww80@June 23 2002,19:36

...at least with the PS2 Network adapter,you can still play games online using a 56k connection...
Only some games, and othe ones wihtout voice and other features. I personally don't enjoy lag, hoeabout you?

Halo = overrated crap
You=closed minded, haven't played it except maybe for 10 minutes at EB/A babages store/Wal-Mart. You=seeming to become more and more fanboyish.

Think about it, which consile is the better investment? One that has more games (most of which can induce vomiting), and has a future linup of sequals and licensed games, or one with fewer, but jsut as many or more quality games, and future linup is not 90% sequals/licensed games, and has nearly all of the Sega exclusives?[/b][/quote]

first off...ive played Halo, i have a friend with an Xbox who is ready to sell it...and you want to talk about quality, how come the only game for Xbox you people can mention is Halo?also,sometimes just being able to play a game online is more important than lag, that almost never happens,anyways...The console thats the best investment is the PS2...at least it has strong japanese support...and have you noticed that the games Segas bringing out for the xbox,dont have Sonic or Virtua Fighter in the titles,most are games that really dont sell in high figures(excluding the sports games)

Haha, Sonic and Virtua Fighter...

Everyone mentions Halo, because it's better than any fps on any console. It is the system seller of all system sellers.

And is Japanese public support when it has Japanese developers support (the ones that aren't already partnered/paid off with someone else, and don't jsut make dating games), and has US support?

Originally posted by Zero 9@June 24 2002,21:26

Everyone mentions Halo, because it's better than any fps on any console. It is the system seller of all system sellers.

those are Segas 2 biggest properties...Halo a system seller maybe at first,but look at the way things are now, Xbox is in last place...and is getting outsold by both the Dreamcast & PS in japan...(both systems are pretty much dead)
biggrin.gif

Originally posted by cww80+June 23 2002,20:33--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(cww80 @ June 23 2002,20:33)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-Zero 9@June 24 2002,21:26

those are Segas 2 biggest properties...Halo a system seller maybe at first,but look at the way things are now, Xbox is in last place...and is getting outsold by both the Dreamcast & PS in japan...(both systems are pretty much dead)
biggrin.gif
[/b][/quote]

It's cool how you try and put two unrelated topics together to try and prove your very weak point.

PS2 doens't get Sonic either, and Sonic is not really a system seller for GC (although it was for me, heh).

quote from Zero 9:

me:

biggrin.gif

quote from Zero 9:

It's cool how you try and put two unrelated topics together to try and prove your very weak point.

quote from Zero 9:

PS2 doens't get Sonic either, and Sonic is not really a system seller for GC (although it was for me, heh).

me:

how is mentioning the japanese market unrelated...

i had to edit this post, cause it looked as if i was saying things i wasnt...

Um, I wasn't talking about the Japanese market. I was alking about groups of people who in the majority don't frown opon hte fps style gameplay.

Originally posted by Zero 9@June 24 2002,21:55

Um, I wasn't talking about the Japanese market. I was alking about groups of people who in the majority don't frown opon hte fps style gameplay.

you mentioned Halo being a system seller,right...well it certainly isnt helping things in japan...
biggrin.gif

Originally posted by solid_snake@June 24 2002,22:03

I belive in the US to Sonic Advance sold more then Halo I think it was Last month or something like that.

The Top 5 Best selling games in the July EGM are as follows...

1: Super Mario Advance 2 (GBA)

2: Grand Theft Auto 3 (PS2)

3: Virtua Fighter 4 (PS2)

4: Sonic Advance (GBA)

5: Sonic Adventure 2:Battle (GC)

Halo is one of only 2 Xbox games in the top 20 and its #20...wow what a system seller... the other one is #19(James Bond in Agent Under Fire)
biggrin.gif

Uh huh, I'm not going to bother with this hardware stuff anymore.

This was about hich console is the best investment, and te answer is the one with the best future (and we know what one that is). Or the consile that youreally need the xclusives it has. Or better yet, get them all like me.
wink.gif

Originally posted by Zero 9@June 24 2002,22:40

This was about hich console is the best investment, and te answer is the one with the best future (and we know what one that is). Or the consile that youreally need the xclusives it has. Or better yet, get them all like me.
wink.gif

yeah i sure do...PS2...
biggrin.gif

Back