Finally got it

Originally posted by Zero 9@June 24 2002,00:40

Or better yet, get them all like me.
wink.gif

Wow i thought i was the only one.

Originally posted by Gallstaff+June 24 2002,23:04--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Gallstaff @ June 24 2002,23:04)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-Zero 9@June 24 2002,00:40

Or better yet, get them all like me.
wink.gif

Wow i thought i was the only one.[/b][/quote]

i just dont see the point in buying a system,when none of its games appeal to me...

First off EVERY person I know with an X-box loves it and wouldn't even think about selling it....

Yes I know how 2 use the smoother lines thing in the PS2 but it never saves it EVERY SINGLE time i turn it on i have 2 enter everything in all over again! Waist of games playing time!...

Would u like a GREAT line up of games that SUCK...or

A nice line of games that rock...me being the SEGA freak I'm going with the X-box...cence I already have a "PSucks2"..and dam SEGA for PSO ver1&2 only on Gamecube WTF is THAT?????????

It seems 2 me that a company that puts out a system ,tells all this Bullshit about what the system is going 2 do and then SAYS " Well our next system will have it installed the next time" WTF I want it NOW. You said it was going 2 be there then make it happen not 2 years later...Ya lets tell the consumers about PS3 that'll get them going..."it's going 2 be a 1,000 times more powerfull...Bullcrap..the lies ended when i got my PS2.....Less talk more Toys.

Originally posted by cww80+June 24 2002,19:46--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(cww80 @ June 24 2002,19:46)</div><div class='quotemain'>
Originally posted by Zero 9@June 24 2002,21:36

Originally posted by cww80@June 23 2002,20:33

<!--QuoteBegin-Zero 9
@June 24 2002,21:26

Haha, Sonic and Virtua Fighter...

Everyone mentions Halo, because it's better than any fps on any console. It is the system seller of all system sellers.

those are Segas 2 biggest properties...Halo a system seller maybe at first,but look at the way things are now, Xbox is in last place...and is getting outsold by both the Dreamcast & PS in japan...(both systems are pretty much dead)
biggrin.gif

It's cool how you try and put two unrelated topics together to try and prove your very weak point.

PS2 doens't get Sonic either, and Sonic is not really a system seller for GC (although it was for me, heh).

how is mentioning the japanese market unrelated...you mentioned Halo being a system seller...it certainly isnt helping the japanese market...[/b][/quote]

Were the Hell r u getting your INFO from man....Sonic not a big seller hmmm.... better check up on that buddy and I really think that the x-box is doing Just a little better then what your Posting.. ???

Sony lowerd there price first BECAUSE of "Lack in Sales".

then 1 week later at the E3 show in New York X-box joined in the fun...He who lowers price first loses first...Gamecube was suppost 2 be $150.00 whent it came out but Nintendo said lets see how many dum A$$'s there r out there!

Originally posted by Zero 9@June 24 2002,23:25

Maybe they don't appeal to you because you are biased for not owning one?

lets see my favorite genres are,RPG,Strategy,Fighting and then Shooters(like Gradius or Blazing Lazers)The Xbox has no rpgs,no strategy games almost no Fighting games(that interest me)and no Shooters...see why i dont care for it...now why in the hell would i buy one...funny how a system you say is a better value is lacking in so many genres...
biggrin.gif

[quote name='SeGa4life' date='June 24 2002,23:37']

Were the Hell r u getting your INFO from man....Sonic not a big seller hmmm.... better check up on that buddy and I really think that the x-box is doing Just a little better then what your Posting..

then 1 week later at the E3 show in New York X-box joined in the fun...He who lowers price first loses first...Gamecube was suppost 2 be $150.00 whent it came out but Nintendo said lets see how many dum A$$'s there r out there!

uh yeah, i never said sonic wasnt a big seller...the PS2 selling poorly,dont make me laugh...also,Sony Lowered the price of the PS first and it won...your way off get your facts straight...and then come back when you know what your talking about...
biggrin.gif

Ps2 DVD quality is crap. I personally owned a ps2 and I hate it, all sony equipment with a laser lens is poorly made. The Xbox has fairly decent DVD Quality, plus its online out of the box if you have gamespy, PLUS it already comes with a 10 gig hard drive and a better processor than the ps2, all for the asme price as a ps2 now. Halo is the best fps hands down for any CONSOLE system, just too much you can actually do with the game, not to mentions networking Xbox units together and even taking them online to play other xbox users.

Dont get me wrong, I still hate microsoft, but they do have a quality console, you have to admit. The innards of the system are nice and powerful (by console standards), and it has a not bad design to it. Most of you bitch about how big the thing is and how heavy it is, maybe you havent seen just whats inside it. Some hard rives arent that light you know. In essence the system is a scaled down computer, a micro tower if you will. I do agree with you that the systems controller is a tad bothersome with the size and shape, but the console is a powerhouse.

With sega supporting the system, quality games are being released, not low quality games, I mean high up there powersellers. I imagine as soon as PD Orta is released that may prompt some console gamers to jump ship and buy a box, hell even if gta 3 is released.

I was one of the Higher Microsoft haters out there, but after actually spending time with the unit and seeing the games that are out for the system already and are going to be released, I wanted one. Who cares if the ps2 is dvd capable right out of the box anyways? if its a shit dvd its not worth using it. my 60 dollar asus 6x dvd for computer hooked to my tv looks better than the ps2 quality.

With the current release of mame for the box, i expect there to be a lot more releases for the box simply becasue it would be easy to get shit working on the system, imagine, a box full of old arcade classics, even sega classics on the HD with emulator run from the cd. Its a good combination.

Dont get me wrong but the only reason that the box isnt doing good over in japan is because its an american made system, No american made system has ever done well overseas in japan. Plus the box is doing good on the american market, just like the dreamcast, it was doing well over here. but sega didnt have the money to keep it going over here, microsoft onthe other hand has more than enough money to keep the box going here.

Ah well, enough of me rambling, these are just some of my thoughts (also its this long becasue of my lack of responses
biggrin.gif
)

its the software not the hardware that makes a system...the dvd quality on the ps2 is fine(is this really an issue)Xbox sells arent just sluggish in Japan...and is Halo the only good game you can speak of?is Sega the only company you can mention whos really supporting the Xbox?How can you even compare the Xbox and the Dreamcast?Dreamcast was,(is)way better and at least had good japanese game support...also you want to talk about hardware features...how about the fact that PS2 plays PS games!(yes i know its been said,but so has what you said)the PS2 also has a way better controller...

The Xbox has support from various well known third party developers, Campcom, Konami, etc etc.. Sega is just the most well known one as most of the games that they are releasing are Xbox exclusives.

Originally posted by cww80+June 23 2002,23:14--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(cww80 @ June 23 2002,23:14)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-Zero 9@June 24 2002,23:25

Maybe they don't appeal to you because you are biased for not owning one?

lets see my favorite genres are,RPG,Strategy,Fighting and then Shooters(like Gradius or Blazing Lazers)The Xbox has no rpgs,no strategy games almost no Fighting games(that interest me)and no Shooters...see why i dont care for it...now why in the hell would i buy one...funny how a system you say is a better value is lacking in so many genres...
biggrin.gif
[/b][/quote]

Argh, oyu miss the point yet again. The future lineup of the Xbox has all those things, and the PS2 is mostly sequels and licensed games, and sequels to licensed games.

Xbox has great quality games and lineup coming, have you even looked at the trailer for "the unseen" looks like it'll give silent hill and res evil a run for their money.

Originally posted by cww80@June 24 2002,05:35

its the software not the hardware that makes a system...the dvd quality on the ps2 is fine(is this really an issue)Xbox sells arent just sluggish in Japan...and is Halo the only good game you can speak of?is Sega the only company you can mention whos really supporting the Xbox?How can you even compare the Xbox and the Dreamcast?Dreamcast was,(is)way better and at least had good japanese game support...also you want to talk about hardware features...how about the fact that PS2 plays PS games!(yes i know its been said,but so has what you said)the PS2 also has a way better controller...

1. Dualshock is uncomfortable, and is only very good for A. Tony Hawk and B. Fighters.

2. The...uh...default(?) Xbox controller is very good for all games besides A. Tony Hawk and B. Fighters.

3. The Xbox has a nice 1st party controller oyu can get that is smaller and the buttons are much better for A. Tony Hawk and B. Fighters. There are also probablyt over a dozen 3rd party controllers that are officially licensed. The Xbox controller issue is well, not an issue, you have so many choices, and if you really hate it you can get adapters to convert other systems controllers to work in Xbox.

4. The PS2 backwards compatibility iwth PS games is probably where most of the hardware issues with the PS2 come from.

Also, do you want me to make a long post that explains why the PS2 is jaggies or blurred for 90% of the games (with pictures)? Nah, that is besides the point.

ps2 is a hunk of crap, why would i pay $299 for something that is from sony and doesnt have hardware anti-alaising technology built in? GARBAGE!

This is sorta off topic but has anyone seen promos for toe jam and earl three? that game looks awsome. I'll definately pick it up since i'm a true follower of the first two.

I havent bothered ownin any of the new ones myself. I dont wanna waste the time playin em. did play ffx for bout 65hrs on ps2. mgs gt3 an gta3 for another 50 or 60hrs. an i've played some psx over the years, controllers are the same. graphics arenta as good as what a new radeon or geforce can do on eithe rof the the machines. The textures on the xbox look bland as hell, i've tried it a couple times. The controller is shitty as hell. m$ must've hired the same team they use to make pc controllers...

xbox has had halo which was suppose to be good but m$ bought bungie, fucked the whole game an screwed 100k fans that were gonna get the pc vers. so aside from that they've got some shitty games an some ports. the above ps2 games i can say are pretty good, nothin much else i'd play on it besides them. gc i havent seen shit i liked so far. i'll stick to pc/older systems. shit i'll play some fightin games on dc once an while. an yes i've played project gotham on xbox. its a shitty ass knockoff of the dc vers of MSR, don't even think the graphics are as good in gotham. get a ferrari wheel an play MSR with the view dropped to the bumper an have some nice speakers hooked up
cool.gif

[quote name='SeGa4life' date='June 24 2002,23:37']

Were the Hell r u getting your INFO from man....Sonic not a big seller hmmm.... better check up on that buddy and I really think that the x-box is doing Just a little better then what your Posting..

uh yeah, i never said sonic wasnt a big seller...the PS2 selling poorly,dont make me laugh...also,Sony Lowered the price of the PS first and it won...your way off get your facts straight...and then come back when you know what your talking about...
biggrin.gif

What r u talking about Saturn was $400 when it came out and Sony was $199 SEGA lowerd it's price First...AND YES you did say Sonic was not selling well on GB..

http://mediaframe.yahoo.com/launch?&p=news&l=SAM&a=0,30&provider=reuters&bw=http://dailynews.yahoo.com/h/a/g/nm/%3Fu&.test=1&f=31042383&lid=rnv-56-s.2984379,rnv-128-s.2984379,rnv-200-s.2984379,rnv-300-s.2984379,wmv-28-s.2984374,wm

v-56-s.2984375,wmv-100-s.2984378,wmv-220-s.2984377,wmv-300-s.2984376,&t=The%20Reuters%20Consumer%20News%20With%20Dennis%20Moore%20For%20May%2014',750,650]http://rd.yahoo.com/dailyne....tp[/url]

Dam this link was a news clip from 1 week before the price drop and it explaned that sony was lowering it's price becuse of "LACK IN SALES"

SO get your posts Strait before you reply!

Back