Finally got it

Originally posted by Zero 9+June 25 2002,16:39--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Zero 9 @ June 25 2002,16:39)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-cww80@June 24 2002,15:38

Shenmue is not a Rpg...
biggrin.gif

You said Roleplaying not RPG, lmao.[/b][/quote]

i said rpg...will you actually go and read the posts...sheesh

Originally posted by Ratamahatta+June 24 2002,15:42--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Ratamahatta @ June 24 2002,15:42)</div><div class='quotemain'>
Originally posted by cww80@June 24 2002,15:32

<!--QuoteBegin-Ratamahatta
@June 25 2002,12:42

ps2 is a hunk of crap, why would i pay $299 for something that is from sony and doesnt have hardware anti-alaising technology built in? GARBAGE!

PS2 is $199...what does it matter if its from sony...games are what matters...its funny, everyone talks about the PS2 like its crap,but it still doesnt change the fact that its number one...and Gamecube and Xbox arent gaining any ground on it...PS2 is still outselling them both...

I was referring to the canadian price. I bought a ps2, returned it the next day because I disliked it to a high degree, I still hate microsoft but I do have to admit they have launched a quality piece of hardware.[/b][/quote]

I bought one months ago, brought it back. I only recently bought another one. Might as well get one now, Shinobi is coming...

Never know though, shinobi may coem to the box. Anyways yeah, each system has theur resopected lines of high quality games, its just up to ones personal preference of what they would want to get.

Originally posted by Zero 9+June 25 2002,16:35--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Zero 9 @ June 25 2002,16:35)</div><div class='quotemain'>
Originally posted by cww80@June 24 2002,15:32

@June 25 2002,12:42

ps2 is a hunk of crap, why would i pay $299 for something that is from sony and doesnt have hardware anti-alaising technology built in? GARBAGE!

PS2 is $199...what does it matter if its from sony...games are what matters...its funny, everyone talks about the PS2 like its crap,but it still doesnt change the fact that its number one...and Gamecube and Xbox arent gaining any ground on it...PS2 is still outselling them both...

Yeah, like wonderful PSM and EGM, who compare PS2 shipped numbers to Xbox and GameCube sale numbers.

Didn't you jsut say it's games that matter, then you mention sales again, hmm?[/b][/quote]

i never mentioned PSM...yeah shipped numbers dont make me laugh...
biggrin.gif

Originally posted by cww80+June 24 2002,15:44--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(cww80 @ June 24 2002,15:44)</div><div class='quotemain'>
Originally posted by Zero 9@June 25 2002,16:39

<!--QuoteBegin-cww80
@June 24 2002,15:38

Shenmue is not a Rpg...
biggrin.gif

You said Roleplaying not RPG, lmao.

i said rpg...will you actually go and read the posts...sheesh[/b][/quote]

Oh, sorry, lol, then:

RPG: Star Wars: Knights ofthe Old Republic, Gladius, Phantasy Star Online 2 (not ver2, well, ver2 or Ep. 1 and 2 (I don't remember which) will be free in Japan wiht Xbox LIVE), Crimson Sea, Ex Chaser, Fate, Gaia Blade, Otogi, Ghost Master, Shining Lore, etc.

Originally posted by Ratamahatta@June 24 2002,15:48

Never know though, shinobi may coem to the box. Anyways yeah, each system has theur resopected lines of high quality games, its just up to ones personal preference of what they would want to get.

Exactly, I was jsut trying to make the point that the Xbox has more appealing games coming out than the other systems.

Originally posted by Zero 9+June 25 2002,16:54--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Zero 9 @ June 25 2002,16:54)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-Ratamahatta@June 24 2002,15:48

Exactly, I was jsut trying to make the point that the Xbox has more appealing games coming out than the other systems.[/b][/quote]

biggrin.gif

Originally posted by cww80+June 24 2002,15:59--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(cww80 @ June 24 2002,15:59)</div><div class='quotemain'>
Originally posted by Zero 9@June 25 2002,16:54

@June 24 2002,15:48

Exactly, I was jsut trying to make the point that the Xbox has more appealing games coming out than the other systems.

biggrin.gif
[/b][/quote]

It's nice that we can discuss this without it being a flame war, unlike certain sites...

Originally posted by Zero 9+June 25 2002,17:02--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Zero 9 @ June 25 2002,17:02)</div><div class='quotemain'>
Originally posted by cww80@June 24 2002,15:59

biggrin.gif

It's nice that we can discuss this without it being a flame war, unlike certain sites...[/b][/quote]

yeah thats true...im actually lauging at every post i put ,cause its like, great someone else replied..and then i have to read and reply all over again...but yeah these forums rock...
biggrin.gif

Originally posted by cww80+June 24 2002,16:06--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(cww80 @ June 24 2002,16:06)</div><div class='quotemain'>
Originally posted by Zero 9@June 25 2002,17:02

Originally posted by cww80@June 24 2002,15:59

biggrin.gif

It's nice that we can discuss this without it being a flame war, unlike certain sites...

yeah thats true...im actually lauging at every post i put ,cause its like, great someone else replied..and then i have to read and reply all over again...but yeah these forums rock...
biggrin.gif
[/b][/quote]

Yeah, this was pretty hilarious at times.

And it's almost like we are using the forums as a chat room, because most of the time we were both on at the same time, hehe.

yeah i noticed that...perhaps i should start a thread titled "PS2 the best thing since sliced bread"of course,if i did i dont think i could keep up with everyone rants saying otherwise...
biggrin.gif

Originally posted by cww80@June 24 2002,16:25

yeah i noticed that...perhaps i should start a thread titled "PS2 the best thing since sliced bread"of course,if i did i dont think i could keep up with everyone rants saying otherwise...
biggrin.gif

I think a better topic name would be "GameCube, most horrible thing since Alf went off the air." Haha j/k.

let me clarify a bit for people who didn't get what I was saying.

quote "O and if you liked DC controlers or the Saturn for that matter then why would u not like the X-box controls."

Ok Sega4life, I never said I liked either of those pads, in fact I hated them
wink.gif
I don't own a DC (don't plan to) and as for the saturn, I hacked my pads to make Arcade joysticks with real components.

quote "Were not being Kids if thats what u mean, were being consumers"

OK, you have a point there
smile.gif

quote "My point is that Xbox has enough quality games now to make it worth a purchase, and far more quality games in the future. This makes it the best investment."

OK zero9, I totally disagree with this statement, but it's your money...

"Aren't all consoles "stripped down" PCs?"

I suppose that an argument could be made, however, last I checked the Xbox is the only system with a Intel processor, Intel motherboard, and it has a hard drive, sounds more like a stripped down PC than say.... a Genesis to me
smile.gif

quote "Maybe, but you can't deny that sony did this also."

Actually I can, Sony developed titles for game consoles years before the PSX came out, M$ never produced a game for a console before they made Xbox.

Plus they only decided to make Xbox when consoles started making money (PSX etc.)
tongue.gif

quote "Oh, and I forgot to mention in my post before. You are complaining about hardware and then you say it's the games that matter? Kind of contradicting isn't it?"

Ummmm... no it's not contradicting, because if you read my post carefully you'll see that I stated that Xbox has "few quality games." I was attempting to be fair.

If it had games worth purchasing the system for, that would show with higher volume console sales.

In plain terms, even though the damn thing is ugly and has crap gamepads, if it had good games it would sell.

That is why PS2 sells more than GC or Xbox....THE GAMES.

This is also the main reason Saturn lost when it went up against the PSX.

Edit: since I couldn't get the quote function working properly today I had to redo the post a bit....

Originally posted by Random Hajile@June 24 2002,16:32

I suppose I have to clarify a bit for people who didn't get what I was saying.

O and if you liked DC controlers or the Saturn for that matter then why would u not like the X-box controls..

Ok Sega4life, I never said I liked either of those pads, in fact I hated them
wink.gif
I don't own a DC (don't plan to) and as for the saturn, I hacked my pads to make Arcade joysticks with real components.

Were not being Kids if thats what u mean, were being consumers

OK, you have a point there
smile.gif

My point is that Xbox has enough quality games now to make it worth a purchase, and far more quality games in the future. This makes it the best investment.

OK zero9, I totally disagree with this statement, but it's your money...

Aren't all consoles "stripped down" PCs?

I suppose that an argument could be made, however, last I checked the Xbox is the only system with a Intel processor, motherboard, and it has a hard drive, sounds more like a stripped down PC than say.... a Genesis to me
smile.gif

Maybe, but you can't deny that sony did this also.

Actually I can, Sony developed titles for game consoles years before the PSX came out, M$ never produced a game for a console before they made Xbox.

Plus they only decided to make Xbox when consoles started making money (PSX etc.)
tongue.gif

Oh, and I forgot to mention in my post before. You are complaining about hardware and then you say it's the games that matter? Kind of contradicting isn't it?

Ummmm... no it's not contradicting, because if you read my post carefully you'll see that I stated that Xbox has "few quality games." I was attempting to be fair.

If it had games worth purchasing the system for, that would show with higher volume console sales.

In plain terms, even though the damn thing is ugly and has crap gamepads, if it had good games it would sell.

That is why PS2 sells more than GC or Xbox....THE GAMES.

This is also the main reason Saturn lost when it went up against the PSX.

LOL, that's a funny one. I don't feel like responding to each of your "opinions" there atm, but maybe I will later or tomorrow.

Anyways, the PSX did not have better games than the Saturn, it was jsut media hyped like the PS2. Notice how the Saturn has the best game of each genre on any system? RPG PDS, Shooter RS, etc.

A lot of the games for the PSX were rather low quality games, or crappy sequels. The saturn didnt survive just because it didnt have the money like the juggernaught sony, and the saturn was a tad more difficult to program games for. Remember the Saturn was built around a 2D architecture, the 3rd processor was added to do the 3d.

I think the Saturn failed because of the fact that most of the games were rather unimaginitive arcade ports
smile.gif
or weird one offs like "Iron Man XOmanowar" or "Nights" (blechh! hated that one)

All the great titles they promised, then cancelled didn't help much either.

I think PSX had more going for it than media hype and money, but, that's just me..
wink.gif
Don't forget 3DO had media hype and mega buck behind them too, and they failed miserable.

I am a recent PSX owner, so it's not like I've been a Sony fan for years or anything (at one time I hated them)

From what I've heard anyways the box is beating the GCN in sales anyways, simply because of quality games being released. There is obviously a market for the box, because peopel are buying it more than the gcn

Originally posted by Random Hajile@June 24 2002,16:55

I think the Saturn failed because of the fact that most of the games were rather unimaginitive arcade ports
smile.gif
or weird one offs like "Iron Man XOmanowar" or "Nights" (blechh! hated that one)

I think PSX had more going for it than media hype and money, but, that's just me..
wink.gif
Don't forget 3DO had media hype and mega buck behind them too, and they failed miserable.

I am a recent PSX owner, so it's not like I've been a Sony fan for years or anything (at one time I hated them)

From this, it souds like yo just like whatever you happen to own and hate everything else...
sarcasm.gif

Originally posted by Random Hajile@June 24 2002,16:55

smile.gif

wink.gif

The 3dO may have had mega hype and big bucks behind them, but when the system came out back in the day, do you remember how much the system actualyl cost? over $600 canadian, 699 I beleive, people were not about to shell out that much money for a system, even though it was graphically superior to the competition at the time.

Back