Finally got it

Originally posted by Ratamahatta@June 25 2002,17:59

From what I've heard anyways the box is beating the GCN in sales anyways, simply because of quality games being released. There is obviously a market for the box, because peopel are buying it more than the gcn

you heard wrong...

So far the only game that has impressed me for the gcn has been resident evil as it has amazing graphics and is completely redone. Other than that the gcn is less than impressive.

Originally posted by cww80+June 24 2002,17:04--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(cww80 @ June 24 2002,17:04)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-Ratamahatta@June 25 2002,17:59

From what I've heard anyways the box is beating the GCN in sales anyways, simply because of quality games being released. There is obviously a market for the box, because peopel are buying it more than the gcn

you heard wrong...[/b][/quote]

Actually he heard very right...

Originally posted by Ratamahatta@June 24 2002,17:05

So far the only game that has impressed me for the gcn has been resident evil as it has amazing graphics and is completely redone. Other than that the gcn is less than impressive.

Resident Evil for GC is very good. It is scary as hell.
wink.gif

The graphics aren't the best though, the most impressive part is the prerendered images used for the backgrounds.

Quote: Zero 9

Anyways, the PSX did not have better games than the Saturn, it was jsut media hyped like the PS2. Notice how the Saturn has the best game of each genre on any system? RPG PDS, Shooter RS, etc.

The best games for each Genre?(are you kidding me)

Rpg: PDS is great,but way to short!The Shining Force 3 games are the best the saturn had.(im actually playing it now)

PS has Final Fantasy(4-9)Xenogears, Chrono Cross and Lunar!(yes i know the Saturn had Lunar as well, but only in Japan)

Shooters:pS has Einhander(which is just awesome)Funny you should mention Radiant Silvergun,seeing as you got on me earlier for mentioning the japanese market...

Strategy:the PS has Final Fantasy Tactics,i can assure you the Saturn doesnt have a strategy game of that calibur.

You dont want to get me started on sports games.(PS wins hands down in that area)I do agree with you that the Saturn has better fighting games than the PS...but this is if we count the Japanese market...something you seem to hate doing...

biggrin.gif

Games tat were released after the death of the saturn arent helping your case. try looking at the shitty games that were released for the psx in the time of the saturn, like invasion from beyond and so on. Now God Damn they were bad games.

Originally posted by Zero 9@June 25 2002,18:34

Argh, now you misunderstand. Most of those games you mention came out after the Saturn dies btw.

it wasnt really dead in the us until Magic Knight Rayearth came out in the end of 1998...i was just pointing out the fact that you mentioned japan and got on me for doing it earlier...

No, before that was becasue you were bringing the Japanese market up al ot instead of talking about what we were really discussing.

Originally posted by Ratamahatta@June 25 2002,18:40

Games tat were released after the death of the saturn arent helping your case. try looking at the shitty games that were released for the psx in the time of the saturn, like invasion from beyond and so on. Now God Damn they were bad games.

bad games arent really an issue...if you dont like them,dont buy them...the PS is the best selling console ever...when a system sells so well its just all the more likely to get crappy games,cause more developers are willing to support a successful system(less of a risk)every system has bad games(theres no helping it)the only thing that matters is the great games a system has...and the PS has alot of them...

Originally posted by cww80+June 24 2002,17:54--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(cww80 @ June 24 2002,17:54)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-Ratamahatta@June 25 2002,18:40

bad games arent really an issue...if you dont like them,dont buy them...the PS is the best selling console ever...when a system sells so well its just all the more likely to get crappy games,cause more developers are willing to support a successful system(less of a risk)every system has bad games(theres no helping it)the only thing that matters is the great games a system has...and the PS has alot of them...[/b][/quote]

This is true, although besides the point.

Originally posted by Zero 9@June 25 2002,18:44

No, before that was becasue you were bringing the Japanese market up al ot instead of talking about what we were really discussing.

actually most of the posts on this thread are off topic...it was originally about Ratamahatta saying he finally got an Xbox...
biggrin.gif

Originally posted by cww80+June 24 2002,18:31--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(cww80 @ June 24 2002,18:31)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-Zero 9@June 25 2002,18:44

actually most of the posts on this thread are off topic...it was originally about Ratamahatta saying he finally got an Xbox...
biggrin.gif
[/b][/quote]

Yeah, but you were double off topic, you were like "It's the games that matter not hardware...Xbox isn't doing well in Japan."

Quote Zero 9:

Yeah, but you were double off topic, you were like "It's the games that matter not hardware...Xbox isn't doing well in Japan."

what i meant by that, is its not doing well cause its lacking in critical genres...(which is why its not selling well)its really not off topic if you think about it...

biggrin.gif

But then I proved you wrong.

Xbox is not doing well in Japan mostly because it's American made probably. That and the fact that there is no tentacle-hentai-dating games...

[quote name='Random Hajile' date='June 24 2002,16:55']I think the Saturn failed because of the fact that most of the games were rather unimaginitive arcade ports
smile.gif
or weird one offs like "Iron Man XOmanowar" or "Nights" (blechh! hated that one)

All the great titles they promised, then cancelled didn't help much either.

I think PSX had more going for it than media hype and money, but, that's just me..
wink.gif
Don't forget 3DO had media hype and mega buck behind them too, and they failed miserable.

I am a recent PSX owner, so it's not like I've been a Sony fan for years or anything (at one time I hated them)

From this, it souds like yo just like whatever you happen to own and hate everything else...
sarcasm.gif

This is turning out to be quite the debate isn't it
smile.gif

OK Zero9..... it seems once again you didn't read my post right.

I own many systems, all the way back to a Atari 2600, and I DO OWN A SATURN (if you'd read my comment about the arcade sticks you'd know that) and I never said I hated it, however, I do not feel like the $348.99 I spent at launch was justified considering how few games a Saturn had that I actually liked.

I own a 3DO also, I enjoy this too, however I can recognise that it fell on it's ass, and badly too.

I can see why PSX has done so well, and it has nothing to do with the fact that I own one.

Please try and read my posts a little more carefully before you get all emotional.....
sarcasm.gif

Edit: in response to your last post Zero9, Xbox does have weird dating simulators in japan, you can look them up at www.ncsx.com

Originally posted by Zero 9@June 25 2002,19:49

But then I proved you wrong.

Xbox is not doing well in Japan mostly because it's American made probably. That and the fact that there is no tentacle-hentai-dating games...

you didnt prove me wrong...the Xbox has no Rpgs and thats the main reason its not doing well...
biggrin.gif

Originally posted by Random Hajile+June 24 2002,18:53--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Random Hajile @ June 24 2002,18:53)</div><div class='quotemain'>
Originally posted by Zero 9@June 25 2002,16:01

<!--QuoteBegin-Random Hajile
@June 24 2002,16:55

I think the Saturn failed because of the fact that most of the games were rather unimaginitive arcade ports
smile.gif
or weird one offs like "Iron Man XOmanowar" or "Nights" (blechh! hated that one)

All the great titles they promised, then cancelled didn't help much either.

I think PSX had more going for it than media hype and money, but, that's just me..
wink.gif
Don't forget 3DO had media hype and mega buck behind them too, and they failed miserable.

I am a recent PSX owner, so it's not like I've been a Sony fan for years or anything (at one time I hated them)

From this, it souds like yo just like whatever you happen to own and hate everything else...
sarcasm.gif

This is turning out to be quite the debate isn't it
smile.gif

OK Zero9..... it seems once again you didn't read my post right.

I own many systems, all the way back to a Atari 2600, and I DO OWN A SATURN (if you'd read my comment about the arcade sticks you'd know that) and I never said I hated it, however, I do not feel like the $348.99 I spent at launch was justified considering how few games a Saturn had that I actually liked.

I own a 3DO also, I enjoy this too, however I can recognise that it fell on it's ass, and badly too.

I can see why PSX has done so well, and it has nothing to do with the fact that I own one.

Please try and read my posts a little more carefully before you get all emotional.....
sarcasm.gif
[/b][/quote]

LOL

1. I knew you own a Saturn

2. Saying that you recently got a PSX and at one time hated Sony kind of shows you why I wrote that message, correct?

3. I didn't get emotional over your comments...
tongue.gif

sigh... I can see that this is going to go absolutely nowhere except further down the tubes, so I won't bother to discuss this any further....

zzz

Originally posted by Random Hajile@June 24 2002,19:01

sigh... I can see that this is going to go absolutely nowhere except further down the tubes, so I won't bother to discuss this any further....

zzz

Hehe, this is true, oh well...

Edit: I don't see any tentacle-hentai-dating games on ncsx.com...

Back