Finally got it

Quote Nadius:

But it's an average... what does the number of games have to do with the average, other than the fact that the x-box has less, but more than likely better games?

oh sheesh...the more games a system has the more likely it is to have bad ones...is that so hard to figure out...

biggrin.gif

Quote gamefoo21:

if xbox had 2 games one shit and one awesome. one got 1 and the other got 10. it would equal out to 5. but the ps2 has hundreds of shit games and inbetween and the good ones are just enough to keep the average somewhat high. i say if the xbox keeps its general amount of games out for it restricted to qaulity games it will do great instead of doing sony style and flooding with shit games and throwing in the good ones to keep the fans around.... its quality not qauntity that will make or break, sony is getting a bad name for shit games, xbox games are all very good and very high quality so far and bound to get better over time as programmers get used to it. on another mb there was the discussion about which system was better from a programmers point of view it went from the best to worst like this xbox(pc made custom), gamecube, Ps2. And i can't believe it costs sony that much to make that pos system they use the cheapest parts going and they have been hammering em out for the last two years... the only saving grace of the ps2 in my eyes is the fact it plays ps1 games...

once again...when a system sells as well as the PS2...over 10 million sold in the us and over 30million worldwide...it will have more companies making games for it and will be much more likely to have bad games(theres no helping it)you must be crazy...are you saying that every game released so far for Xbox is high quality?have you played Kabuki Warriors for it...

biggrin.gif

I see what you're saying.. but

the ps2 has been out longer, right?

so why shouldn't it have a decent crap to great game ratio?

if developers have had more time to play with the tools, i'm sure that within the extra time, they could make even better 2nd and 3rd generation games, that would ideally raise that average, and improve the ratio.

Or maybe Fantavision was that bad.
biggrin.gif

But yeah, i see what you mean, it's sony, and anything can be released, like hastily developed fad games and tie ins, to make quick sales. I just wish sony could set a higher standard that developers could follow. That is one of the reasons I like the N64 and the Saturn.

I think I might have answered my reply.

Originally posted by cww80@June 25 2002,13:32

Strategy:the PS has Final Fantasy Tactics,i can assure you the Saturn doesnt have a strategy game of that calibur.

This comes as a pretty late response but have you actually compared the strategy games the Saturn offers to Final Fantasy Tactics? (I guess no one noticed this because you were busy with your X-Box/PS2 system war
tongue.gif
)

Examples:

The Shining Force series, the Langrisser series, or even the Dragon Force series. Those are some quality strategy gaming solutions for your saturn. (You can try out some other ones like Bomberman Wars and see if you like those as well)

Anyway, on the PS2/X-Box war, X-Box hands down gives you the most power for your gaming dollar, when more homebrew emus and things like that are released for it, I'm sure people will gain a lot more interest in it. PS2 does have quite a few quality games, but they also shovel a lot of crap down your throat. Anyway, when cross platform games are made, the X-Box version always looks the best, since a lot of popular PS2 games are/will be ported to the X-Box eventually, why not get the better version? Oh oh, and X-Box gets PD Orta, that's got to have at least a few heads turning toward the system (it's got my attention
wink.gif
)

Xbox is a good system, stupid name for the system but its a good system none the less. The only reason that the PS2 is so polular is because it has been out longer, ps1 compatibility, squaresoft behind them and one game GTA 3, I have had countless friends buy the ps2 just for the game and that atrocious dvd playing quality. I'm sure the Box will gain popularity in time as some high profile games are released (besides halo). For instance, ps2 has got GTA3, GCN has Resident Evil. Xbox is waiting on its next big console moving game.

OK, my opinion on the 3 machines

PS: A lot of crap games, some absoloute classics

XBox: Nothing non-Sega that I want
wink.gif

Gamecube: Best Pad, most games so far at least above average.

I now have all 3, but I can honestly say the the DC is still head and sholders above them with it's huge library of quality games.... where the hell is Powerstone 3 for the newer consoles tho?
sad.gif

Quote Xai:

This comes as a pretty late response but have you actually compared the strategy games the Saturn offers to Final Fantasy Tactics? (I guess no one noticed this because you were busy with your X-Box/PS2 system war )

Examples:

The Shining Force series, the Langrisser series, or even the Dragon Force series. Those are some quality strategy gaming solutions for your saturn. (You can try out some other ones like Bomberman Wars and see if you like those as well)

Im glad you brought this up actually...Im playing Shining Force 3 right now(damn Uknown 0:00 file)...im sure people will disagree with what im about to say, but Shining Force is more of an Rpg with strategy elements...than a strategy game...and a really simple one at that(its really good just simple)...Langrisser was never released in the us for the saturn and ive never played it so i dont have an opinion on it...Dragon Force is awesome...but once again its really simple,thats not a bad thing,but its why i dont like it as much as Final Fantasy Tactics...has anyone here actually played tactics?Tactics is so deep!I love the fact that you can develop a character anyway you want...its nice to see that you read some previous posts...
biggrin.gif

Originally posted by Hollywood Hasney@June 26 2002,05:01

OK, my opinion on the 3 machines

PS: A lot of crap games, some absoloute classics

XBox: Nothing non-Sega that I want
wink.gif

Gamecube: Best Pad, most games so far at least above average.

I now have all 3, but I can honestly say the the DC is still head and sholders above them with it's huge library of quality games.... where the hell is Powerstone 3 for the newer consoles tho?
sad.gif

So your saying that you wouldnt want to play the game that made the machine halo? or morrowind?

Quote Ratamahatta:

So your saying that you wouldnt want to play the game that made the machine halo? or morrowind?

whoa your up to 2 games now...

biggrin.gif

Those were just 2 games off the top of my head, personally I own halo and RAW, and both are ver excellent games, RAW completely EATS wrestlemania x8 for the cube. If you want a list of more games that would be worht it I can list a few more off the top of my head for instance Dead or ALive 3, amazing game. Bond Agent under Fire, Tony Hawk 2X, 3, Max Payne (i've played the ps2 version its crap.) Bloodwake, remids me of Bimini Run for the genesis. Evo 4x4, Spiderman. Again all those games are off the top of my head. And are all worth it.

Quote Ratamahatta:

Those were just 2 games off the top of my head, personally I own halo and RAW, and both are ver excellent games, RAW completely EATS wrestlemania x8 for the cube. If you want a list of more games that would be worht it I can list a few more off the top of my head for instance Dead or ALive 3, amazing game. Bond Agent under Fire, Tony Hawk 2X, 3, Max Payne (i've played the ps2 version its crap.) Bloodwake, remids me of Bimini Run for the genesis. Evo 4x4, Spiderman. Again all those games are off the top of my head. And are all worth it.

Virtua Fighter 4 completly gang rapes Dead or Alive 3

Id rather play Tony Hawk on PS2 cause it has a way better controller(not to mention i have one)Spiderman...you gotta be kidding me...any others i didnt mention either cause i dont care for them or havent played them...

biggrin.gif

Originally posted by Ratamahatta@June 27 2002,07:05

You just love ripping apart the Xbox dont you?
biggrin.gif

hey if it had games i cared to play i wouldnt...and i could say the same to you about the PS2...
biggrin.gif

I rip the ps2 apart because i've owned one, actually bought it for the dvd capability and I was less than impressed, the only game i bought it for was gta 3, and that is out for the pc. so i'm all happy without the ps2
smile.gif
i might go buy a gamecube today maybe. resident evil is just to amazing on the system to pass up.

Originally posted by Ratamahatta@June 26 2002,13:21

Those were just 2 games off the top of my head, personally I own halo and RAW, and both are ver excellent games, RAW completely EATS wrestlemania x8 for the cube.

Yeah... just a shame they're both shit
sad.gif

Raw hasn't got enough modes for me and I hate the Smackdown/WMX8 gameplay.

Raw 2 will be the difinitive WWE game..... until a proper WWF No Mercy update
biggrin.gif

Have you played the cubes wmx8? what the hell is with the nwo's entrance music? my friends started laughing at me when i said that their entrance should be really cool and that shite music started palying. Very much a let down.

good thing i only need 3 hours of sleep a night...otherwise i might have problems keeping up with all of you...
biggrin.gif

Wow! 12 pages of comments that resolve absolutly nothing other than to make known peoples personal preferences. Some like box A because its graphically superior. Others like box B for the vast selection of games. Some hate this company and others hate the others. I think it's about time this thread died as no one is resolving anthing. The only thing thats happening here is polarization of the various gaming box camps.

By the way Rat.........congrats on the purchase and I hope you enjoy it. Definately go for the mame emu there. I would love to play metal slug and other arcade games on a modern piece of equiptment.

Originally posted by falstaff@June 27 2002,09:16

Wow! 12 pages of comments that resolve absolutly nothing other than to make known peoples personal preferences. Some like box A because its graphically superior. Others like box B for the vast selection of games. Some hate this company and others hate the others. I think it's about time this thread died as no one is resolving anthing. The only thing thats happening here is polarization of the various gaming box camps.

By the way Rat.........congrats on the purchase and I hope you enjoy it. Definately go for the mame emu there. I would love to play metal slug and other arcade games on a modern piece of equiptment.

those 12pages got your attention didnt they...and yes your right no one is getting anywhere...but really now were just being consumers...havent you ever defended something you liked?this is a forum and people tend to chat on forums...(about anything and everything)and if you look at most of the threads on here they almost always go off topic...(if you remember in Gallstaffs thread about getting $1000 we started talking guitars)
biggrin.gif

Back