Finally

i have a sonic statue from 1999 that comes with a talking base. it says three things, and they're all from SA.

"oh yeah!"

"this is happenin'!"

"ready to roll, champ? let's go!"

it's the most god damned ridiculous thing ever.

What about the Sonic X cartoon? Anyone been watching that? I've seen a few (Japanese) episodes and they were pretty good.

I kind of liked Sonic's attitude in the SA games, actually. I always felt that he had a badass side that gave him an edge over Mario.

Man, I remember downloading this 100MB (that was a lot) mpeg of the first episode of the original sonic anime that was raw japanese lol. I was on 56K, it took DAYS. Knuckles really needs to get that hat back he had in it, I thought it looked pretty good on him.

I always switch to a japanese language track on games if there is one, I can't stand the american voice actors on 90% of games.

I have checked out a scarse few of the new sonic x episodes. they seem ok, I am not sure if I like the other "human" characters all the time, but its nice to see sonic back on mainstream televisiion.... sweeeeeeeeeeeeet.

ya, lots of ppl can't stand the american voice overs in things......but did u ever stop to think they might be "gay" sounding in the japanese versions as well.....I dun speak japanese so I dunno?

I've heard some speech from the Jap promo vid from SA2.

The voices sounded pretty cool and the lip-sync seemed pretty good.

Make the game seem pretty cool.

The thing that's cool about the Sonic X cartoon is that in one of the episodes (think it's episode 2 or 3), Sonic actually says 'Shit!' (in English). Apparently this is not considered a strong expletive in Japan, and is appropriate for kid's shows.

Don't really care for Sonic X, I thought it was gonna be like a resurrection of the older Sonic sat. morn cartoon, but it wasn't.

The hat that Knuckles had on in the Anime gave him an Indiana-Jones-esque look.

Back