Ftp Alliance

Yea ok so instead you prefer a leecher on FTP???? I mean Ftp people will only download and the few that upload is ok...but DC least you can have a choice. No matter where we are you will have lamer leechers...however for us LEGIT folks...DC is better as all friends are connected without FTP problems. So its really on what your all about...but lamers are everywhere. And also...as I said. If a lamers shares "fake" files then they get banned and still dont download anything.

Idiots who share there entire C: are putting themselves at risk to those less honest then us...thats why i don't bother to stop them if thats what they wanna sure..if they wann aget hacked tahts their own business. As far as DC, it has a nice community based feel with a chat and browsing files of different people and such....most of the people in a hub know each other and share their files willingly anyways...thats the good part...for those who don't wanna contribute...you get those everywhere and it's no different with DC...IMO..it's a lot better then IRC

Hehe old Nutty where he went had one of the BEST SX ftp and DC servers around.....all older people knew him here and he should be back when he fixes his $$$ for isp costs.

Quote: from Mysticales on 1:21 am on April 1, 2002

Yea ok so instead you prefer a leecher on FTP???? I mean Ftp people will only download and the few that upload is ok...but DC least you can have a choice. No matter where we are you will have lamer leechers...however for us LEGIT folks...DC is better as all friends are connected without FTP problems. So its really on what your all about...but lamers are everywhere. And also...as I said. If a lamers shares "fake" files then they get banned and still dont download anything.

yes actually, since you wont get half the problems you get with dc

note that i do run an ftp, just i havent posted it here widly since i lack a decent speed to host it on (512/128kbit cable fyi), i also run a fserv in #segaiso of the same connection, and dont normally have problems there

Banning is good but the problem is are you sure you banned the source i don't want to d/l a fake file report it and get person banned but before i knew it was a fake file someone already d/l off me after all i'm a host too what i get I share and they turn report me for a fake god knows how many ppl will get caught in that viscious cycle before the source is actually ever found thats alot of banning of innocent ppl...........that was and still is the problem with most peer to peer networks

Yes then report the username in ;) I mean I know I ALWAYS check my files out first ;) That or dl to a non shared folder and move them over after you check, even ftp hosts do this one

Most direct connects or peer to peer networks automatically d/l files to the shared directory depends on the proggie

Unless ofcourse you have shared folders turned off and that defeats the purpose your looking for......unless of course you can find a direct connect proggie that puts the d/l files in a validation folder which must be validated before moved into shared

But I know of none of those yet anyone know any good programmers hehehe

megametalgreymon how come you think that IRC is okay but Direct Connect is shit? I'm just curious as to what the differences are? What makes IRC better then DC in your opinion?

less lamers, it isnt held on one pc as a host (its on an independant network) and the speed ive found is better

eg i download 87mb on irc at 40kb sec

my average sppped on direct connect was under 1/k a second

everyone i know has said the same about direct connect

irc is also a much more mature netowrk than any of the p2p programs

i also have kazza for the record, but thats not the point, the only rasonable p2p prog ive found is winMX (and that still has its faults)

WinMx is the true legit and registered (by major companies, MS, Norton, etc) so its good. We ALL have kazaa....anyways IRC has its ups and down as well. Its all about the connection...

Back