fun fun game

Tony's dad is right. As soon as I saw that pic it got my heart pumping... I LOVED PICK AXE PETE.
smile.gif
Even tried to reprogram it in BASIC on the C64 - a bit naive of course, and I never did get far with it LOL.
smile.gif

BTW, the Philips Videopac G7000 is known in the USA as the Magnavox Odyssey 2.

Racing Destruction Set on the C64. If anyone cares, the last pic I posted was Hunter's Moon, also on the C64.

Aren't we meant to be taking it in turns?

You know, whoever guesses the game posts the next pic?
rolleyes.gif

CHAZumaru °_°, that's Captain Blood but I don't recognize which version that pic is taken from. Possibly the C64 or some other 8-bitter. And yeah, it's one of the more bizarre games out there (esp. if you don't have the manual, nudge nudge wink wink).

I don't mind giving up my turn, as the thread always seems to peter out when I post a pic.

Hmm... not exactly:

Girls%20Garden.gif

OK, I'm sure you used to play it on your SG-1000, I won't tell anyone if you admit that it was your favourite game...
rolleyes.gif
, at least it's funny and it'll keep your girlfriend amused. Well, let's ask one of its programmers about it:

I began at Sega in 1984 and first worked on the SG-1000 Mark II. I worked as a programmer on Girl's Garden, a game created to attract female players. It was actually a big hit at the time. All the main characters in the game were girls, and in order get dates with boys, they dad to buy or pick flowers for them. There was serious competition for dates, therefore players had to be quick off the mard! There were even some annoying non-human emnemies, like bees and bears. It was really funny (laughs)

Thank you, Naka-san
laugh.gif

Yes, that was Yuji Naka's first game. It wouldn't surprise me if we saw a new dating game with Sonic, Amy and Cream the rabbit... :biglaugh I'm such a pervert!

Back