Funny PS2 DVD Playback Ad.

That is to funny. I originaly got the PS2 for a DVD player. The damn thing irritated me so much that I eventually went out and bought a REAL one.

Originally posted by Gallstaff@May 24, 2004 @ 10:23 PM

Werent you asking for ps2 scans in another thread

No, no, he was asking for PoS2 scans. Must be some newfangled system not at all related to PS2.

How stupid can people be?

"Funny PS2 DVD Playback Ad."

I watched the whole video, and unlike the rest of you, I missed the part when they explain that it was referring to the PlayStation2's DVD video playback.

I used my PlayStation2 for DVD video playback and had no issues, ever, and the only reason why I have a standalone DVD player is because I cannot play all region DVD on my PlayStation2.

Seriously, I cannot understand how senseless and stupid people can get with the "PoS2" hate.

Remember, insulting a system will not bring the Dreamcast back to life.

I think your taking this way to seriously. It was just a funny commercial that happened to slightly poke fun at a PS2 DVD Playback. Lots of people here probably own a PS2 and play it regularly (I know I do). While one person remarked that he didn't like the PS2, the people majority who replied aren't senseless, stupid or whatever you would come up with.

Just enjoy the commerical (or don't for that matter). If you want to start a "How can you insult system XXXXX" thread, go to Gamefaqs.

Originally posted by Des-ROW@May 25, 2004 @ 08:47 AM

Seriously, I cannot understand how senseless and stupid people can get with the "PoS2" hate.

I think it's really just Cloud that takes that hard a line.

Originally posted by Sundance_2@May 24, 2004 @ 05:55 PM

I think your taking this way to seriously. It was just a funny commercial that happened to slightly poke fun at a PS2 DVD Playback. Lots of people here probably own a PS2 and play it regularly (I know I do). While one person remarked that he didn't like the PS2, the people majority who replied aren't senseless, stupid or whatever you would come up with.

Just enjoy the commerical (or don't for that matter). If you want to start a "How can you insult system XXXXX" thread, go to Gamefaqs.

Sundance_2, darling, even considering that I love you and we have a beautiful relation, you seem not to notice that the actual TVCM for that SOKEN DVD player NEVER MENTIONS THE PLAYSTATION2. Only you mentioned it and labeled the commercial as PlayStation2-related, understand now baby?

There is when the stupid, senseless, idiotic, sick and worthless hate comes in.

I would list more adjectives, but those are the ones I was able to think at the moment, ok?

Kisses, loves you,

Des~

Originally posted by Des-ROW+May 24, 2004 @ 05:13 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Des-ROW @ May 24, 2004 @ 05:13 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-Sundance_2@May 24, 2004 @ 05:55 PM

Sundance_2, darling, even considering that I love you and we have a beautiful relation, you seem not to notice that the actual TVCM for that SOKEN DVD player NEVER MENITONS THE PLAYSTATION2. Only you mentioned it and labeled the commercial as PlayStation2-related, understand now baby?

There is when the stupid, senseless, idiotic, sick and worthless hate comes in.

I would list more adjectives, but those are the ones I was able to think at the moment, ok?

Kisses, loves you,

Des~
[/b][/quote]

*Sniff*

Des... what about us? :unsure:

Also Gallstaff,

Yes, I was asking for scans. That because I have the cases, but not the cover sleeve for them.

Heh.. it's been seven months, but I just bought a couple new PoS2 games. MGS2 ($5) and Madden 2002 ($2).

Sorry Des, but i too have to disagree with you. I spent alot of time working in a video game store that sold ALOT of PS2's per week. The main complaint that we got from customers is that X DVD doesnt work in their machine, or X DVD freezes the machine. This situation should have been rectified in the 50,00X models, but it wasnt.

Even Sony says that the PS2 isnt a DVD player but has "DVD Functionality". I know that you like your PS2, and so do I but that add even though it is not about the PS2 summs up the situation of alot of unhappy PS2 owners.

You know for alot of very complicated legal reasons they can't actually say it's PS2...they just have to insinuate it is. If they said it was a PS2 Sony would have their lawers over beating the shit out of them in a second.

True dat.

Also, Why do people not like the ps2? I think its a good system with some solid games I dont get what the problem is.

the system didn't live up to the hype...lots were dissapointed that I know. Also, the system is designed like ass, I know ppl who have went through 2-3 of em. Usually it's laser related (thing just stopes readin discs). That's the prob. I always hear about.

Pearl Jammz:

That's actually one of the main reasons as to why I dislike it so much, in that it didn't live up to the hype. And yes, the reason why I call it the Piece of Shit 2, it because it's so shodilly built. I myself have never had problems with my $ony consoles, but with everything I've heard, it's truly sad....

The PoS2 is a GREAT system, only if you stick with games released from October 26, 2000 through December 31, 2001. Most of the games afterwards are multi-platform, and what exclusives it DOES have, I wasn't impressed with (besides VF and Sega AGES of course). Although Snake Eater, and Gran Turismo 4 look very promising.

But this year, it's all about RE4 :D :smokin: :bow :thumbs-up:

Back