Fusion vs. Gens

i think i'm running with fusion right now, as it seems to have better 32X compatibility, SMS and GG support, and that Steve Snake polish that you just don't get with Gens. :D i do prefer the 2xSAI viewing mode in Gens to anytyhing else.

has anyone had any compatibility problems with Sega CD or Genesis games with fusion?

Aside from a few broken sound effects, and that Steve moved the soft reset to another key combo from TAB, I have absolutely no problems for Kega. The only stuff missing from it are stuff that aren't related to the actual emulation itself (like missing a screenshot button), but its nothing I can't live without.

And compatibility wise, Kega Fusion blows Gens very far away.

yeah the soft reset thing annoyed me too. but that's really my only problem with the emu.

i remember when it used to be KGen vs. Genecyst. tee-hee.

Originally posted by aaron@Mon, 2005-01-03 @ 05:19 PM

[post=126993]Quoted post[/post]​

yeah me too.

before there was 32X and SCD emulation :)

Originally posted by fonzievoltonov@Mon, 2005-01-03 @ 08:53 PM

I think that both rocks.

GensKmod (mod from kaneda) is too amazing so I only use it.

[post=127004]Quoted post[/post]​

I use GensKmod as well, but mainly for the debug stuff that Kaneda added. Kega has better compadibility, but Kaneda's mods are a dream for devvers :>

Originally posted by racketboy+Mon, 2005-01-03 @ 12:24 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(racketboy @ Mon, 2005-01-03 @ 12:24 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-aaron@Mon, 2005-01-03 @ 12:19 PM

[post=126993]Quoted post[/post]​

yeah me too.

before there was 32X and SCD emulation :)

[post=126994]Quoted post[/post]​

[/b][/quote]

Haha, me three :D I wouldn't settle for KGen when Genecyst offered vastly superior sound.

Regarding Fusion: Are Game Gear games able to play fullscreen yet?

I use Fusion to play games (test the music of these games in Gens and in Fusion: FlashBack, Shaq Fu, Mickey´s Ultimate Challenge... the horrible beeping is out) and GensKmod to see the graphic planes, colours... to check if a game uses Shadow and Highlight modes etc.

I switched to Fusion mostly because it allows all games to run at full screen 2xSai, with stretching. I never got it why Gens never supported stretching in fullscreen 2xSai, while it worked fine in windowed mode.

Originally posted by M3d10n@Tue, 2005-01-04 @ 07:20 PM

I switched to Fusion mostly because it allows all games to run at full screen 2xSai, with stretching. I never got it why Gens never supported stretching in fullscreen 2xSai, while it worked fine in windowed mode.

[post=127105]Quoted post[/post]​

I'll give you reason to go back to Gens, since it does support full screen blitters. Once in full-screen mode, right-click on the top left corner of the screen and navigate the menu as you would to select the blitters.

You didn't understand. I know Gens can run all blitters in full screen.

What it CANNOT do is STRETCH the image to FILL the screen while in FULLSCREEN mode. You get borders on top and bottom of 320x224 games, and borders everywhere and "wrong" aspect ratio in 256x224 games.

The "stretch" option is greyed out if you use any blitters past the 2nd or 3rd one in full screen.

I usually deal with emulator issues like that by making custom video modes with powerstrip.

Originally posted by it290@Thu, 2005-01-06 @ 06:24 AM

I usually deal with emulator issues like that by making custom video modes with powerstrip.

[post=127199]Quoted post[/post]​

How would that fix Gens' borders? It doesn't allow you to chose the full screen resolution...

I found it much easier to download a new emulator instead of hacking new resolutions in. I use Gens solely to rip GYM files, take screenshots and other assorted things now.

Originally posted by Malakai@Sun, 2005-01-23 @ 11:16 PM

has any of them added support for romance and the three kingdoms IV for 32x yet?

[post=128309]Quoted post[/post]​

dunno about Gens, but Kega Fusion runs it fine.

To me, games running in Gens just look funny. Unless I'm running it in a small window, whatever it does to the graphics makes it look just not right. I've tried all the different visual options and none of them look sharp.

Fusion has this other problem, but I think it's just my computer. A game will be scrolling, and there will be like this... "horizontal line", except without an actual line there. It's this invisible horizontal line that starts at the top and moves down the screen. It's not game-ruining, but it's an annoyance.

Back