Game Gear power on problem

Hello everyone !

After a long time "off the scenes" ( :p ) I´m back !

back to the topic. today, after months (or even more than a year) I decided to play a bit with my Game Gear, first tried with batteries, no signal, then the AC, it power up, the screen lights, but after a second all is dark again, including the red power led. :(

This happens with and without the cartridge.

Somebody have any ideas of what maybe is hapening ? :/

I really apreciate your help.

Thanks !

update: I discovered that it will power up and stay turned on IF the cartridge is not inserted AND the bright is at "mid" position. :blink:

If the cartridge is inserted it will power up if the bright is almost at minimum, but will not load the game, all you see is the dark screen (by the sides you see it´s lightened), no sound, nothing, like when it´s without the cartridge. :looney

Somebody already saw something like that ? :huh:

Thanks !

and thanks to the mods too for moving the topico to the right place (I was unsure where to put it).

I think I also have a Game Gear with that same problem. I've been meaning to try and fix it but havn't got around to it yet. Maybe one day.

I don't have the proper screw driver either. I use pliers to get it open. Also , a god thing to use are some forming pliers. They are used when soldering to form wires. They are good because the have round points and they fit in the depressions on the screw head nicely.

Back