Games u've been ripped off by...

I just bought Revolution X for the Saturn, and was completely miffed @ the fact theres no gun support... AT ALL!

Theres not many other games i've been disappointed with, but are there any you've bought, and since regretted???

Hmmm, tea, I was very disapointed when I bought Burning Rangers. The games grafx are low res and pixily, their are lots of polly drop outs, the controls are terrable, and the length of the game is pathetic (only four levels). I spent $50 on the game, and for that I expect a lot more then what Burning Rangers delivers.

I once paid $60 for NBA Showdown for the SNES. My gosh, that game was horrible. It was pretty much a waste of money. Controls were sluggish, and the graphics were pretty blocky and grainy. I played the Genesis version of that game at someone's house, and it at least had good play control on the Genesis version.

That's nothing....i paid...$113 (CDN) for Super Street Fighter 2 Champion Edition (something like that) for genesis....

Another rip off....

Evolution for DC....

Quote: from Fabrizo on 10:14 pm on Oct. 15, 2001

Hmmm, tea, I was very disapointed when I bought Burning Rangers. The games grafx are low res and pixily, their are lots of polly drop outs, the controls are terrable, and the length of the game is pathetic (only four levels). I spent $50 on the game, and for that I expect a lot more then what Burning Rangers delivers.

methinks radsil will be commenting on this post from what i've seen in a different thread.

Another game I remember buying that was a complete rip off was Killer Instinkt for the SNES. I got it the day it came out for like $70, mainly because I loved the arcade version. The port was terrable though, the grafx were no where near that of the arcades. I ended up loseing the music cd that came with it, and selling the game to a pawn shop for $5.

Killer Instinct actually had pretty impressive graphics and sound for the SNES. I believe that ACM (Advanced Computer Modeling) graphics were used on that game like the Donkey Country games. Of course, console games usually don't have as good of sound and graphics as their arcade counterparts.

Well yea, the grafx were impressive for the SNES, but were still no comparison to the arcade unit. Even by todays standards, I think the grafx of the arcade version are very nice.

The game that left me feeling ripped off most was Tiberian Sun for the PC. I loved the previous C&C efforts, and when this came out I thought it was going to be a treat.

What do I get? Derivative gameplay, marginally better graphics, appaling cutscenes and a burning A$90 hole in my pocket.

Never even finished it :(

(Edited by Curtis at 1:14 am on Oct. 16, 2001)

Tiberian Sun was $90!? I know some people that have the game, but they never told me that it cost THAT much. thats madness.

If you notice, you'll see a letter "A" in front of the dollar sign. Occasionally, it stands for "Australian" - especially when it is in front of a dollar sign.

Quote: from Curtis on 2:58 pm on Oct. 16, 2001

That's nice dear...

*Curtis pats Fabrizo on the cheek

lol

only 27 posts, and has a sense of humo(u)r like the rest of us ('scuse the aussie spelling ppls ;))

heh, I'd have to say Star Voyager for the NES. I didn't buy it, my friend gave it to me, but it soon met with a hammer. The game is fricking retarded, all you do is sit in space with the sound of air going by (no music), some guns and a warp engine thing. It would be fun if the space actually had stuff in it, but there's nothing. It sucks I tell you!!! :)

Checkered Flag for the Jaguar.... I saw it in the bargain bin at KB for two bucks... seeing as I only owned one game at the time, I thought it would have been the game that could puch me to collect more... I haven't bought another Jaguar game since.

Think of it as Pole Position with a slightly lower frame rate and more options.

Those two bucks would have been better spent on a Double Gulp and copy of the LA Times

i payed $40 for Final Fantasy 7

that game is salt on the good name of Final Fantasy

its just horrible

i hate it, one day if im rich im going to buy all copies ever of it and destroy them all thats how bad taht game sucks

i guess when i bought Chrono Trigger for $8 i sort of made up for the evil of FF7

i got my FF3/6 for $10, a bargain i must say

oh yeah SoM for $4-best price i ever got :)

Back