Genesis to PC?

Unless you have a monitor that can accept a 15.75KHz horiziontal sync rate (most monitors made after VGA became popular can't), you'd need a device to convert the signal. Cheap ones are somewhere around $50US last time I looked, and I think Redant makes one, Lik-Sang might have it. The high end by all accounts I've seen is the XRGB-2 from Micomsoft. NCS used to carry this, but it's apparently not being sold due to the fact that an upgraded version is supposed to be released soon. IIRC it ran somewhere around $200-250US and is supposed to have excellent picture quality and a bunch of neat features that I can't remember right now...

If you happen to have a monitor that can accept a 15.75KHz signal, you'll need to make (or have someone make) a cable to match the monitor's input connector.

You might be able to find the range of supported scan rates:

- In the manual

- On the label on the back

- On the manufacturer's website

Unless it's an old or special-purpose monitor, it's unlikely to support anything below about 31KHz.

As for making the cable, you can find the pinouts and other relevant info here. If you don't want to make it yourself and don't know anyone who can, PM me and we'll see if I can do it for a reasonable price.

Can the cable that comes with ss game basic be used to conect to a pc? Or is it only for uploading files to a saturn for testing or playback that you are dev'ing? (not that I have one! The game basic kit is my SS holy grail. Hard to find and expensive when you do.)

Back