Getting a gun to work

I can't get the friggen thing to calibrate. It just wont recognize those corner shots. It will recognize if I shoot in the center of the screen. Of course, then calibration is fucked and I have to shoot next to the guy to hit him.

Can anyone vouch for a gun WORTH buying?

167475.jpg

Whadaya know? I have the same shitty gun and I've encountered similar problems. Then again, I'm playing with VGA adapter on my Trinitron monitor that has an anti glare filter; haven't tried on the Trinitron TV yet though, too lazy ;) I've only used this gun a few times; my hand gets tired after a few minutes of playing though.

I wonder how this Mini Light Gun stacks up to the competition.

minigun.jpg

Lik-Sang has quite a collection of guns as well and most of them are under 20 bucks which is not bad, but the shipping might add to it.

There's only one Interact product I've ever been really satisfied with, and that's the most famous one made by Datel, the Playstation Gameshark version 2. Every other Interact/Performance/Recoton video game product I've used, with the exception of an N64 RF switch, was crap (Quantum "oops, you can't remap the L and R buttons to the two extra front buttons" Fighter Pad comes to mind; guess which one of my DC controllers got sacrificed when I wanted to look inside one...). I suggest avoiding them if possible. Mad Catz, in my experience, makes better stuff, though some people don't like their controller designs. However, Mad Catz products aren't available in as many places. I think they make a DC light gun, but IIRC the styling is kind of strange - it looks like something out of a sci-fi movie.

i have the madkatz and the offical sega light guns, and have found both of them to be perfectly fine

they both look pretty similar to each other, the only extra feature the madkatz one has is an auto reload feature

I have had a similar problem with my official Sega Dreamcast gun. It turns out that if I increase the brightness of the TV to maximum it recognises the corner shots properly.

I suggest you try that before spending money on a new gun.

I hope this helps :)

Thanks! I was able to calibrate, but the brightness has to be WAY up for it to work. I haven't tried a VGA box, but this thing isn't TOTALLY useless.

Ahhh- the days of the stunner. Total accuracy. Guncon works good too.

Back