GNUSH news

It's never too late

22nd June 2012

KPIT Cummins Infosystems Limited is releasing the GNUSH v12.02, a cross compiler tool for Renesas SH micro-controllers.

SALIENT FEATURES:

1. The GNUSH v12.02 toolchain is based on,

ï‚· GCC 4.7.0 [Released]

ï‚· Binutils 2.22 [Released]

ï‚· Newlib 1.20.0 [Released] and

ï‚· GDB 7.4.1 [Released]

2. The latest patches are applied to gcc, binutils and newlib sources. Please visit the following link for the patches applied to the GNUSH toolchain,

Yeah, the KPIT toolchain is great for people who don't want to build their own toolchain. I used to use it for the 32X until I learned how to build my own toolchain.

well, maybe i will check your tutorial. kpit didn't make a new release since almost 1 year for SH :'(

finally

KPIT Cummins Infosystems Limited is releasing the GNUSH v13.01, a cross compiler tool for Renesas SH micro-controllers. SALIENT FEATURES:
1. The GNUSH v13.01 toolchain is based on,
 GCC 4.7.2 [Released]
 Binutils 2.23.1 [Released]
 Newlib 2.0.0 [Released] and
 GDB 7.5.1 [Released]
2. The latest patches are applied to gcc, binutils and newlib sources. Please visit the following link for the patches applied to the GNUSH toolchain,
http://www.kpitgnutools.com/phpmyfaq/index.php?aktion=artikel&rubrik=002004&id=78&lang=en
3. The GNUSH toolchain now supports the ‘naked’ attribute. This attribute can be used to indicate to the toolchain, that the specified function does not need prologue/epilogue sequences generated by the compiler.
void INT_MTU2_1_TGIA1(void) __attribute__ ((interrupt_handler,naked)); void INT_MTU2_1_TGIA1(void) { // function definition }

Back