half-life

Gallstaff

Established Member
I just got the half-life platinum collection and all the games are grainy. It can't be my card, cuase i got this gateway a few months ago, and i tried all the resolutions but nothing works. If it matters, i'm in xp. Help!

Have you tried changing your color palette in Display settings to True Color (24 bit)? If not, at least High Color (16 bit)?

2^24 = 16,777,216 colors (24 bit)2^16 = 65,536 colors (16 bit)2^8 = 256 colors (8 bit)2^4 = 16 colors (4 bit)

no, but i did find something. I have to make the screen size smaller. thanks, tho. but now i got another problem with counter-strike. everytime i look for a server, it ays 0/0 playing. NO MATTER WHAT. whenever i look for a game to join, that comes up.

And if you have to get Q3, get on DC. I hate PC gaming. Hw everything has to be certain requirements. Plus when you add to the fact, that games can crash on PC, #### maybe even crash your comp period, that's another thing I hate.

Edit: Example: I was playing Starcraft: Brood War (only cause my friend made me, I'll take the original anyday), and in mid-game, my comp rebooted, and my primary CD-ROM drive died! Since then, I've had a big issue against BW.

Console gaming rules!

(Edited by Cloud121 at 12:47 pm on Mar. 22, 2002)

Actually, games can crash on consoles too. They just tend not to because:

1) There's pretty much no chance of running into crappy drivers that don't cooperate with your program.

2) There's pretty much no chance of running into crappy hardware that screws everything up.

3) The console publishers and developers can't just release patches like their PC counterparts, so they tend to get it right the first time...

The console publishers and developers can't just release patches like their PC counterparts, so they tend to get it right the first time...
Now that certain consoles come with a hard drive (that can store more than the game data itself), that might change. ;)

(Edited by MasterAkumaMatata at 2:16 pm on Mar. 22, 2002)

Cloud, I don't see why anyone would want to play Quake 3 for DC...you cant mod them, add maps or skins, etc and UT for DC sucks ! they took out the assualt mode...

Back