heh

Quote: from Karny on 3:56 am on Jan. 28, 2002
Umm Skank... the N64 was a great little system.

Lets not mention the dismal failures of the SegaCD, 32X, Saturn and Dreamcast.

Don't get me wrong, I own and love all of those systems, It's just saying something along the lines of Nintendo sucks cos Sega rules is pointless, and only going to lead to a flame war.

You have to realize that Nintendo's pissing a lot of people off right now, especially magazines and companies, mainly by not giving out their dev hardware like most game companies do to let them preview games sent out by companies, othewise they have to wait for the full version of the game to come out which is pissin a lot of people off :)

Well Skank, im going to have to agree with you on that. Nintendo is being EXTREMELY dumb not releasing dev kits to the press for previewing games. However, that doesn't mean that Nintendo sucks. I personaly never even liked Sega until the Saturn came out (which to this day is still one of my all time favorite systems), however I have been playing and loving Nintendo games ever sense I was 3 years old. Common, can you realy try and deny the greatness that is the NES, SNES, and Gameboy?

Nintendo has made more then its fair share of mistakes over the years, but so has Sega, and in the end isn't it the games that realy matter anyways?

Edit:
Oh, and Karny, if you realy wan't to get people to come to NX you would need to do two things:
1. Change the sites color pallet, it feels too dark and dead.
2. Change the name. Their are at least 30 other sites called NintendoXtreme out their, and its realy subtracting from the recognition this site deserves.

(Edited by Fabrizo at 6:00 pm on Feb. 1, 2002)

Those are very valid points... thanks for them.

Let me try to explain a few things first though. Firstly I'm afraid the name probably needs to stay the same, as NintendoXtreme it is the sister site to SegaXtreme. Which brings me on to your other point, the colour scheme. I agree that it might not be ideal, but it is basically the SX colour scheme with purple (Nintendo's new corporate colour) rather than the Blue/Green of SX.

I'll try to find a better colour scheme, but remember that it would involve changing all of the images, style sheets for all the pages and settings on this message board too. It might happen, but I'll mess around with a few ideas first... maybe even post a couple for you guys to choose from.

The other option is a complete redesign, name change and dropping the affiliation with SegaXtreme. Whilst this may have a few good points, it has way more negative ones.

Firstly, we'd loose the connection with one of the best established and respected Sega communities out there and I'd lose the ability to host the site on IceMan2k's server, thus raising the cost of it.

The idea is this, SegaXtreme and NintendoXtreme attract people to IceMan2k's Litespeedcomputer store, which in turn pays for the hosting of the sites. I don't have a store, or plan to run one, nor can I afford to pay for hosting fees out of my own pocket, nor do I want to host it on GeoShitties or another free web space provider and I definitely don't want a site with banner ads and pop-ups... IGN already gives us enough of that :p

Quote: from Karny on 2:28 am on Feb. 5, 2002
Damn, nobody tells me anything :(

Well, if thats the case, NX will probably do the same :)

Chances are it'll be on a nonstandard template, so for you to rip the design, you might have to fuck with lots of java and/or activex, I haven't seen the final product yet though.

Back