Help!! More Cell Phone issues.

I have a sprint PCS Vision Phone VI600 Audiovox phone. It worked fine for about 2 days. I uploaded some Midi files for ringers and such and they all worked and everything appeared to be fine.

Now today I was going through the menus and I get this error fs_dir.c 01435. The phone then shuts off and restarts itself. Only to sooner or later repeat the same thing when navigating through menus or plugging the charger in. I dont know what to do with it. Looks like it might be back to the sprint store for a replacement if nobody has any ideas.

where'd you get the ringers... through sprint, or at one of those free sites that send it to your sprint mailbox on your sprintpcs.com account.

It might just need to be reflashed; it sounds like the firmware or filesystem could be corrupt. It could be a HW fault, but it seems a bit early to say that it is for sure.

i was asking those questions because i know some of those files are corrupt... oh and some sites get there shit from users and well you know what happens when evil bastards get a chance to fill your tech stuff up with bad shit... ever get a bad mp3 that just fucks your portable player up, it aint even coding... just record it a certain way and boom mp3 player go hay wire till you erase that file.

The files I uploaded where midi files I found myself and edited to my likeing. An I only uploaded one picture, not sure if it was the right size for my screen but it worked. I deleted it and several of the midi files I uploaded and still nothing seems to fix it.

I used a focus loader at www.sprintusers.com

hmmm, then that shouldnt really be the prob them... i have sprint too, but never called tech help... i would though if i was you then.

Yeah, there is not much help about the topic to be foound on google either.. seems like a few other people reporting the same issues with the same phone I have and other ones but nobody has any answers.

Luckily im still under the 14 day trial thing, so I assume I can take the phone back for a free replacement.

You guys should checkl out the HowardForums. (Hope mentioning that forum isn't an issue.) They got a lot of great information regarding cell phones and the industry in general. And I'm sure you could get your tech questions answered there as well.

Back