(HELP) Translate the game "Phantasm"

Well, I finally managed to install quicktime movie 2.5 and convert the video from .avi to .mov.
On the other hand, I cannot find the MovieToSaturn file, I downloaded "Dezaemon 2 Save Game Manager Vol. 2 and CPK Viewer Source Codes" but I cannot find this file inside the ISO.
Do you have a direct link to download it?
Thank you.

In the archive I linked go into SaturnOrbit > EXAMPLES > Madroms > CPKViewer > Tools

In that directory there's a rar file called Sega Saturn Cinepak Library Ver 1.20. Extract that file. When that's extracted you'll have an ISO/CUE. Mount that to your emulator as another volume. Then boot up the Mac Emulator and the disc should show up, go into it and you'll find the Movie_To_Saturn application.

I'm sorry but I don't understand how to get "MovieToSaturn".
I put the ISO "Sega Saturn Cinepak Library Ver 1.20 (ISO + HFS) .iso", I mounted it but nothing appears, I don't see what to do.

you have to mount the iso then load it (action available on Daemon tools) , then boot basilisk or sheepshaver and you'll see the "cinepak tools" CD.
or use the zip file i've provided (it's a valid file)

1586690759871.png

1586690834312.png

It's good, I succeeded, I can finally re-encode these videos in cpk.
Thank you both for your help, thank you very much.
I would have another request, could you watch this cpk video which comes from the saturn game "Phantasm" and tell me how I should encode my future videos so that they come close to these parameters. : 30.CPK
Thank you.

Reactions: vbt
It's good, I succeeded, I can finally re-encode these videos in cpk.
Thank you both for your help, thank you very much.
I would have another request, could you watch this cpk video which comes from the saturn game "Phantasm" and tell me how I should encode my future videos so that they come close to these parameters. : 30.CPK
Thank you.

According to VLC the specs are as follows:
Resolution: 288x144
Framerate: 30fps
Colordepth: 24-bit RGB (Milliosn of Colors in Quick Time)
Audio: 8-bit PCM @ 11127Hz, Mono

If you match those specs and your bitrate is under 300KB/s you should be good.

Last edited:
I can't make a video with 8 bit sound. MovieToSaturn crashes and makes me a video of around 100kb.
Anyway, something else, when I follow your parameters, I end up with a video and the parameters as in the photo on the right, while the original video on saturn gives the parameters on the left.
Where do you think it came from?
Capture.PNG

and why does that give me a framerate of 600?

That can happen when programs don't interpret the Sega FILM header correctly. As for MovieToSaturn crashing, what exactly is it doing? You need to be more descriptive than "I got an error" or "It crashed". What specifically did it do?

I'm making a video for you to see a converted video.
Regarding the sound, no worries, it works and yet I haven't changed anything. On the other hand, for the video, I always find myself with a framerate at 600.
I show you in the video, the official CPK taken from the saturn version with the parameters. And then I show you the converted video with the parameters as well.
Do you have a solution?
Here is the video : Screen.mp4

What's the frame rate of the source video you put into quick time?

Secondly, CPKPlay is very old and hasn't been updated in decades. I found it very unreliable. VLC Player can play Saturn CPK files, it just doesn't play back the PCM audio. What does it say?

I get stuck, the videos fail to convert ... Another solution, would it be possible to open a CPK video via VirtualDub and paste the new audio, without touching the encoding of the video. Or maybe go through an ffmpeg script?

I get stuck, the videos fail to convert ... Another solution, would it be possible to open a CPK video via VirtualDub and paste the new audio, without touching the encoding of the video. Or maybe go through an ffmpeg script?
what do you mean failed to convert, what did it say?
make sure you run it from cmd and have the cpk in the same folder as the exe and if there are spaces in the title try putting " at the start and end of the cpk name for example "test file.cpk"
the command in cmd is acpk2avi.exe file.cpk file.avi

What are you trying to convert? If you're trying to use acpk2avi then that's really just a waste of time and I wouldn't bother with it.

You can remux the audio using ffmpeg. MsTea made a post about doing that in the Lunar Thread. However I found with Sakura Wars that it didn't always work right which is why I went the route I did with the Macintosh tools.

Now, back to the Mac tools, can you please answer my question. What are the specs on the source video you are using and what were the specs on the video you put into Quicktime to encode as Cinepak? If you didn't do any adjustments for Framerate and what not then that could be why you're getting weird results.

What are you trying to convert? If you're trying to use acpk2avi then that's really just a waste of time and I wouldn't bother with it.

You can remux the audio using ffmpeg. MsTea made a post about doing that in the Lunar Thread. However I found with Sakura Wars that it didn't always work right which is why I went the route I did with the Macintosh tools.

Now, back to the Mac tools, can you please answer my question. What are the specs on the source video you are using and what were the specs on the video you put into Quicktime to encode as Cinepak? If you didn't do any adjustments for Framerate and what not then that could be why you're getting weird results.
i mainly posted it for him to convert his cpk to avi and play it that way to see if it plays at the correct framerate given he said his framerate was 600 which shouldn't be the case.

i mainly posted it for him to convert his cpk to avi and play it that way to see if it plays at the correct framerate given he said his framerate was 600 which shouldn't be the case.

Again though, VLC Player can play standard Saturn CPK files as is without the need to do any converting. The Daezemon Utility also includes a CPK test program you can use to test them on a Saturn or an emulator.

I do not need to use this acpk2avi.exe software and I explain why.

So I'll start from the beginning.
I extracted the videos from the "PC" version of the game and they have a .VMD format.
Then, to have downloaded a lot of software, I found one that encodes them in .MPEG. Then, I am literally your tutorial through VirtualDub and giving the parameters as in your tutorial.
Afterwards, I switch to SheepShaver to go through MoviePlayer then MovieToSaturn.
Despite this, I can't get CPK videos with the right output parameters.
If you want to look at the VMD format. I let you download this video in VMD : 1060.VMD
and there I but the saturn version (extract of the game in Chinese) CPK : 1060.CPK

Next, to make it easier, I thought I would directly open an original CPK video via VirtualDub and paste the new audio without encoding the video. However, you should be able to open CPK videos via VirtualDub.

Back