Help w/ drivers and sum comp Q's...

Pearl Jammzz

Established Member

Ok, I have this POS DVD-ROM driver that came w/ my comp. Anyways, I have looked all over the net and can only find drivers for it in win95 and win98. Well, I have 2K pro now, so I am screwed, hehe. Anyone know where I can find drivers for it? the model of DVD-ROM is Pioneer DVD-ROM DVD-114

Also, for that other Q...

- What is the best disk fragmenter proggy? I am pretty sure that's what u call those things that move all you data on your HD together...

Originally posted by BJammzz@May 11, 2003 @ 03:21 PM

Ok, I have this POS DVD-ROM driver that came w/ my comp. Anyways, I have looked all over the net and can only find drivers for it in win95 and win98. Well, I have 2K pro now, so I am screwed, hehe. Anyone know where I can find drivers for it? the model of DVD-ROM is Pioneer DVD-ROM DVD-114

Also, for that other Q...

- What is the best disk fragmenter proggy? I am pretty sure that's what u call those things that move all you data on your HD together...

Umm...you don't need any driver for a DVD-ROM drive in anything that came after win98se. Win2k should just detect it right away and that's all you have to do.

As for the defrag question. They all pretty much do the same thing. The default windows one is fine, it just takes a long time (like they all do). The Norton one is a bit faster but I find it doesn't do as good a job as it leaves some files in place.

Bah! Microsoft's Defrag is a horrible POS. Get VoptXP - you'll live to thank me. It's blazingly fast and very stable/safe.

Back