help with external RAM battery pack

I have this left over from a model kit, in which I excluded the electronic lights.

batteryclip.jpg

It's a battery holder which takes 4 C batteries with a black plastic box to contain it.

Would 4 C batteries be too much power or am I safe with this? And what could I expect the life of the RAM to be with this?

As for wiring, I could solder directly, or alternately, I have this from the model kit as well

powerplug.jpg

It's a power jack which the battery pack plug into. I could attach this internally, allowing me to remove the battery pack if necessary but it might be more trouble to install.

The battery backup RAM which usually takes a CR2032 battery.

I've already been informed that 4 C batteries might kill the RAM with too much voltage, so it may be wise to alter the holder to tak eonly 2 C batteries.

Ah, you're refering to a button battery you want to replace with C sized batteries. By the way, from here it looks like the holder is for AA batteries. The voltage of a CR2032 is 3V and the C is 1.5V so you should only use two of them in series. But why do you want to do this? CR2032 batteries should still be easy to find.

This mod is finished.

The prepared batteyr pack with jumper wire

The box attached to the console

I'm unwilling to spend a fortune on an external memory cartridge and these will last much longer than a CR2032 battery.

Oh, and there's a modchip installe dinside so I don't need to buy any more overpriced games at bogus collector prices.

Back