Help with weird Jumper settings please.

Hey guys, recently picked up a Saturn and thought I'd try and mod it myself.

First up the region mod - put together the board as outlined on MMonkey's site. Open the Saturn up to find a motherboard that none of the guides cover :(

Here's a pic:

switch_sat_mdl2_pal_palsd_jp.jpg

Here's the motherboard:

switch_sat_mdl2_pal_palsd.jpg

As you can see from the pic, none of the jumpers are 'joined' like the ones in the how to guides. Anyone tell me which ones to solder the wires to please?

Any help would be great :D

Originally posted by KuKzz@Sun, 2006-02-12 @ 01:35 PM

If you look closely, there are a tiny traces on board connecting jumpers - you just need to cut them :)

[post=144326]Quoted post[/post]​

Sorted, thanks for the reply!

Cut them? What, I just run a knife between the jumpers?

Just want to say that I got a similar problem. Of the 4 (pairs of) jumpers, only 2 where connected with a little resistor. I removed them. The other two still seem to be connected (not visibily though), as can be proved with a voltage meter.

My question: do I have to make a 50/60 Hz mod seperately? I know that the 4 jumpers already decide between PAL and NTSC, but there was the talk about JP 1 and cutting pin79 of the VDP (IC14)...

I cut the 2 connections, checked with multimeter, soldered 6 wires: GND, 5V, JP6/7, JP 8/9, JP 10/11 and JP 12/13.

Then I tested with initial region: 5v, GND, 5v, GND

unfortunately the Saturn says "Not supported" for usa, japanese and european games. But it works with a Pro Universal Adapter, at least.

EDIT: the mod works, I just used wrong jumper settings (south america)

Originally posted by Rockin'-B@Mon, 2006-02-13 @ 08:12 AM

I cut the 2 connections, checked with multimeter, soldered 6 wires: GND, 5V, JP6/7, JP 8/9, JP 10/11 and JP 12/13.

Then I tested with initial region: 5v, GND, 5v, GND

unfortunately the Saturn says "Not supported" for usa, japanese and european games. But it works with a Pro Universal Adapter, at least.

EDIT: the mod works, I just used wrong jumper settings (south america)

[post=144361]Quoted post[/post]​

Yeah, that's what's happened to mine - unsupported for ALL three regions. Which jumper settings did you get it to work with?

I used GND, GND, 5V, 5V for european and it works. The usa setting I used was wrong, I should have used: GND, GND, 5V, GND instead.

Originally posted by Rockin'-B@Mon, 2006-02-13 @ 12:45 PM

I used GND, GND, 5V, 5V for european and it works. The usa setting I used was wrong, I should have used: GND, GND, 5V, GND instead.

[post=144365]Quoted post[/post]​

Thanks!

Now I'm confused, I followed the mmmonkey guide, soldered two wires to the power, and three wires to the jumpers, where's the fourth jumper wire come in to it?

Originally posted by PeterUK@Mon, 2006-02-13 @ 05:51 PM

Thanks!

Now I'm confused, I followed the mmmonkey guide, soldered two wires to the power, and three wires to the jumpers, where's the fourth jumper wire come in to it?

[post=144366]Quoted post[/post]​

I used the gamesx guide and I could not access mmmonkey, so I don't know that one.

Back