Heres a weird one!

A friend gave me a very clean original of Cyberia. But when I put it in my saturn it goes to the screen to play music cd's and a few seconds later a women's voice comes on warning that this is a sega cd game. The cd has sega saturn written all over it including the written copywrite. Any ideas? A fluke from production maybe? No scratches on the cd.

Originally posted by falstaff@May 08 2002,10:49

...a woman's voice comes on warning that this is a sega cd game. The cd has sega saturn written all over it including the written copywrite. Any ideas? A fluke from production maybe? No scratches on the cd.

I don't know why the CD goes to the CD player straight away.

I have, however, got a couple of Saturn games with an audio warning track telling me to use the CD in a Sega CD. I guess they developed for the Sega CD and continued to use that warning track on later Saturn games. Did they forget to update it? Is it a production error? Who knows...

It is a bit wierd though.

It's probably got a different country code than your saturn (ie. PAL or JPN). Try it with a ST-key/PAR/Gameshark or rip it and change the country code with satconv and then burn it again.

Back