How much do you think this is worth?

You don't happen to be the guy from assembler's board aintcha?

Gee this is actually the second time I encounter someone thence on another board...

Some games also claim support for it, like Panzer Dragoon Saga. In the IP peripheral support section, the letter "F" means floppy support.

I wonder what, if anything, PDS did with it....... bah, likely just saved data, I DID notice three slection slots for type of saving data, I dont have a memcard, but the top choice is the saturn's internal memory. So my GUESS is the second choice is for memcard and 3rd for floppy.

Yeah, it's just a big memory card ;-)

There is a CD called FDD Operator, to transfer saves from Saturn's internal memory to floopy, it's very nice.

Too bad I don't have PDS to test it's native support.

That thing on the card slot it's the Saturn modem.

PD

Originally posted by CHAZumaru °_°@Jan. 30 2003, 7:01 pm

You mean the memory card manager ?

No no this was for the seganet thing in japan.

From what the others are saying, that is exactly what it was used for, archiving saved game stuff, just like a DEX drive.

What was "seganet"?

Later

Alex

I canconfirm that the FDD works correctly withthe JAP ans US version of PDS, when you are at camp and go to save the game, the save menu comes up with three options, the first is to save internally, the second is to save to ram cart and the third is to save to the FDD.

It also works with Dezaemon 2 in a similar fashion when saving.

Originally posted by Alexh+Jan. 31 2003, 3:02 pm--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Alexh @ Jan. 31 2003, 3:02 pm)</div><div class='quotemain'><!--QuoteBegin-CHAZumaru °_°@Jan. 30 2003, 7:01 pm

You mean the memory card manager ?

No no this was for the seganet thing in japan.

From what the others are saying, that is exactly what it was used for, archiving saved game stuff, just like a DEX drive.

What was "seganet"?

Later

Alex[/b][/quote]

Yes but what I mean is that very few games (from what I know Azel and the GS-7 series like Dragon's Dream)used it's save utility.

The floppy was useful for Seganet, which was the online provider for segasaturn, using 'Xband' and 'Segasaturn networks' to play seganet compatible games and getting access to the web...

So yes you could transfer data to floppys, but it was not the main goal of the floppy drive.

Back