How old is SX ?

Kuta said:
I thought SX was older than 10 years.

It is
wink.gif

It existed a few years before, I remember being registered around 1998 or 1999 ...

I just discovered this place myself.

For a low traffic forum it seems alot of amazing hobby developers lurk here. It's not everyone who decides to wake up and make a Sega 32x library
tongue.gif

Jedi Master Thrash said:
What we need is some drama.

We should pick one of those X-Station forums full of 5 year olds who think MGS3 and FF12 are unplayable due to their terrible dated graphics and just do a hostile take over.

And then there's the belief that cellphones are the next gameboy. The N-Gage was ahead of its time.

On the plus side I picked up Gaurdian Heroes and Panzer Dragoon II Zwie CIB.

I'm still pissed off at the person that stole my copy of Guardian Heroes years and years ago, bought it new when it was still on shelves. :/ PD2Z brings back memories, I should see if my kids will let me take over the TV long enough to give it a whirl again.

slobu said:
I just discovered this place myself.

For a low traffic forum it seems alot of amazing hobby developers lurk here. It's not everyone who decides to wake up and make a Sega 32x library
tongue.gif

The site used to have decently active forums a long time ago, when Sega was still in the hardware business and we had some drama inducers still around.

dibz said:
The site used to have decently active forums a long time ago, when Sega was still in the hardware business and we had some drama inducers still around.

I hope "drama inducers" is a positive piece of jargon. I just left a forum where the only active member with a clue was also a grumpy troll. Think Star Trek parallel universe Chilly Willy.

slobu said:
I hope "drama inducers" is a positive piece of jargon. I just left a forum where the only active member with a clue was also a grumpy troll. Think Star Trek parallel universe Chilly Willy.

I'd look pretty good in a goatee.
cool.gif

Nooo 10 years is my anniversary of registering on SX!

Technically I think I registered on Eidolon's Inn maybe half a year prior to SX. Still not sure exactly how they are related, but at the time it was mostly the same people on both.

Maybe I'll just start posting crap every day and see if it takes off.

Now here's the trick. Every time I post something someone else has to reply with some opposite view. OR point out some grammatical or spelling error, that is also acceptable.

I'll start over in the DC forum. See you there!

slobu said:

For the most part, yeah. I meant it in a group of people being rowdy sense. You have people just hanging out, some people trying to cause fights, some pretending to be female (and the drama during the "reveal"), cupcakes, etc.

I recall a schism and several hacking attempts too. But the drama kept it interesting, did it not?

(This counts as my six month check in, btw)

Jedi Master Thrash said:
Maybe I'll just start posting crap every day and see if it takes off.

Now here's the trick. Every time I post something someone else has to reply with some opposite view. OR point out some grammatical or spelling error, that is also acceptable.

I'll start over in the DC forum. See you there!

:
sigh.gif
: didn't seem to work. I started a new topic almost every day for two weeks.

All I got was a bad reputation!

I'm serious. I just checked my SX profile today, and it says

Bad

!!!

I assume that has something to do with posting new topics that don't have any replies.

Unless there's a dislike button someone keeps hitting that I haven't found yet
tongue.gif

Jedi Master Thrash said:
Unless there's a dislike button someone keeps hitting that I haven't found yet
tongue.gif

Holy socks batman, I thought I was just kidding. It's real! I just found the dislike button on posts. Never noticed it before. But all my recent posts still say the count is "0". So it must be some older posts of mine that racked up the -26. Like the time I burned Des-ROW or something?

Is there any way to search to find out which of my posts have the negative count? Lol I'm curious now.

You'll have to look through all your old posts. The search seems to only go back as far as 2007. Who did you manage to tick off?

The reputation system wasn't available before the last forum change.

After checking which posts are concerned, it looks like a spam bot feature ...

I reset your counter, you're not bad anymore
wink.gif

Raijin Z said:
You punk kids keep it down! I'm trying to sleep!

What the hell are they all doing on my lawn?!? I sat down for a Matlock marathon a little while ago and all of a sudden, there's a metric shit-ton of snot eaters out there!

dibz said:
For the most part, yeah. I meant it in a group of people being rowdy sense. You have people just hanging out, some people trying to cause fights, some pretending to be female (and the drama during the "reveal"), cupcakes, etc.

Wait, what? I think I missed something during the Murder She Wrote marathon of 2002-2009 I attended.

Wow, SegaXtreme still alive!
smile.gif

Just "found" my Saturn on a dusty drawer, hooked it up for a round of sega rally, best racing sim ever
biggrin.gif

Nice to know that SX is still active in this new decade
tongue.gif

IBarracudaI said:
Wow, SegaXtreme still alive!
smile.gif

Just "found" my Saturn on a dusty drawer, hooked it up for a round of sega rally, best racing sim ever
biggrin.gif

Nice to know that SX is still active in this new decade
tongue.gif

I'm pretty sure you mean "It's nice to know that the How old is SX thread is still alive in this decade"

Regarding the reputation points thing, yeah, I've reset my own a couple times now. I did eventually find a way to see what posts had gotten disliked for me, but I'll be damned if I remember how; For me it was the posts with links to things like broken downloads (Incidentally, I did go back and fix them).

dibz said:
I did eventually find a way to see what posts had gotten disliked for me, but I'll be damned if I remember how;

In the admin CP, go to the member profile, "profile" tab, and you have 2 arrows besides the "Reputation Points" field : one to list reputation received, the other to list reputation given
wink.gif

What up everybody?

Nice to see a lot of the old standbys back here in this thread. My ten year anniversary was back in July, but I really didn't think much of it (granted, it did pop in my head a few times on the actual date while working and just going about my day).

I look back at some of my old threads and posts and can't believe how immature, stupid, and how much of an attention whore I was. Really quite embarassing in hindsight. Then again, I was living here, and you guys all watched me grow up through my high school years (Registered just before my freshman year of High school).

Let's get this going again!

Wait, what? I think I missed something during the Murder She Wrote marathon of 2002-2009 I attended.

Dibz pretty much summed it up perfectly. 2003 - 2005 were especially interesting to say the least.

Whoa wait! I just did a quick search, and can't find anything! Just a few months ago I was able to read just about every post ever done in my ten years here. What happened?

Cloud121 said:
What up everybody?

Nice to see a lot of the old standbys back here in this thread. My ten year anniversary was back in July, but I really didn't think much of it (granted, it did pop in my head a few times on the actual date while working and just going about my day).

I look back at some of my old threads and posts and can't believe how immature, stupid, and how much of an attention whore I was. Really quite embarassing in hindsight. Then again, I was living here, and you guys all watched me grow up through my high school years (Registered just before my freshman year of High school).

Let's get this going again!

Dibz pretty much summed it up perfectly. 2003 - 2005 were especially interesting to say the least.

Whoa wait! I just did a quick search, and can't find anything! Just a few months ago I was able to read just about every post ever done in my ten years here. What happened?

Okay, now I'm unable to edit my posts more than once? Odd.... Anyway, I guess I can read all the old posts by going the long way, by following the pages in each sub-forum, but am unable to search for threads/posts started by members via their profile page.

Back