How old is SX ?

dibz said:
It's hard to say, I'll ask IceMan2k (IceDigger) one of these days. SX has had a few different homes like ExCyber mentioned.

The oldest I found off-hand was in 2000 too, but that doesn't seem "quite" right.

Finally got around to this today, he isn't quite sure. Mid 90's is the best I got out of him, but that it was quite some time before 2000.

Reading books relaxes me like no other. If I lay down and start reading I can only make it a chapter or two before getting heavy-eyed and pass out.

I also don't game near as much as I used to and when I do it seems to be PC-only for me now. I still play my classic systems but my 360 has become a Netflix/XBLA machine.

I really wish there was good Saturn emulation. I think I'd play around with that a lot. Unfortunately, there doesn't seem to be a whole lot of interest or anything in it. Maybe one day we'll get lucky and have a perfect Saturn emulator? A man can only dream ;)

I haven't been on here since late 2011, hope all is well! I still keep in touch with Mikey (SegaCD Universe) and Nick (ScaredRabbit) but reading this thread rally brings back the memories of y'all!

Pearl Jammzz said:
Reading books relaxes me like no other. If I lay down and start reading I can only make it a chapter or two before getting heavy-eyed and pass out.

I also don't game near as much as I used to and when I do it seems to be PC-only for me now. I still play my classic systems but my 360 has become a Netflix/XBLA machine.

I hear ya, these days I'm just too tired when I get time to myself. Likewise, I don't game as much either -- between what most games are now and that they're often very involving, my tired brain just doesn't really want to deal with it. I end up using my HTPC most of the time for watching movies/tv, and when I do game, it's almost always XBLA (the types of games are more suited to me).

Pearl Jammzz said:
I really wish there was good Saturn emulation. I think I'd play around with that a lot. Unfortunately, there doesn't seem to be a whole lot of interest or anything in it. Maybe one day we'll get lucky and have a perfect Saturn emulator? A man can only dream ;)

Same, I usually use SSF myself, although it's not very frontend friendly. I actually wrote a small INI-based executable wrapper with SSF in mind, solely for mounting/unmounting CD images before and after (so that I can just put ssf_wrap as the emulator and then use ANY front-end with it). Combined with a saturn controller usb adapter, it works pretty well with RCB/Advanced Launcher + XBMC on my HTPC.

My bi-yearly check-in and and the whole thing has completely changed!

I still game, sorta. Really my gaming hobby mostly consisted of collecting games and organizing them on a shelf and databasing them more than playing them and this goes back to the last 15 years.

I mostly play them when I have friends over for parties, we'll play a bunch of 2-4player games. And when my old friends are in town we'll play through several games. And I take my portable Nomad or ps1 with a screen on vacations and burn through games when I'm board, or play through retro portable systems on plane or bus rides.

I'll never get into phone games. If it doesn't have a quality D-pad it's not a game. Trying to pinch my fingers on some touch screen isn't gaming.

When I get into a binge to run through some games I'll find a system or theme and play through them all for a week or two. Usually to create inventory for my game selling hobby. I collect tons of games but only a few are real keepers, just gotta find the chance to play them and then pass them on to the next owner.

I've been a vendor at Midwest Gaming Classic for 6 years now. Still a hellava fun time. Besides the awesome vendor hall with everything from games retro and new, pinball, anime junk, rare things, promos, arcade stuff, vintage 80's collectible toys, transformers star wars legos, magic, pokemon, you get hall after hall of epicness.

Museums filled with every system imaginable, even dozen's I've never heard of, and they're all setup for free play all day. About 100 arcade machines all setup for free play all weekend. Themed rooms with shooters, fighters, nintendo, atari, etc all setup with games for free play, and events and speakers and all that jazz. A total fun time.

Back