how use the boot disk for cd r ?

hi

first excuse for my english but i'm a italian boy and my english is some bad -_-'

now...

i'm find the boot disk image on one ftp server... now i don't remember the name of server... burn it with clone cd.... all is okay.

........................and now ?_?

how use it for play cdr on my saturn (first model for information) ?

the boot disc doesn't boot CD-Rs. only a mod-chip can do that. Plus, if you read the Misc. section, you can read many FAQs on how to do the swap trick on your Saturn. (Yes, there is a Model 1 FAQ)

plus, since the bootcd is a cdr itself, you need to swap or buy a modchip to get it to work at all. it's worthless and useless for non-developers.

oh... good, i read the misc zone and the relative faqs but i'm not sure for the swap trick.... this is some danger for the saturn's led...

if anyone use the swap trick plz tell me EXACTLY moment to swap, i'm not sure if base only on the faqs.

the timing differs between different saturn models, you'll have to figure it out yourself. and the swap does NOT harm the motor or laser in any ways on saturn. that's PSX that died from swapping.

I don't remember how the FAQs explain when to swap, but it helped me somewhat to understand what's going on when the Saturn boots. To put it simply, there are three tasks that it must do to boot the CD. Checking the copy protection is the second task, and is the only one that needs the original CD in the drive (this means that there are two swaps needed - one swap before the copy check and one swap after). Here's a general guide:

1) Put in the CD-R and turn on the system.

2) Wait for the Saturn logo screen to assemble. During this time the Saturn reads the TOC from the CD-R (task 1). If you have a Saturn with access light you can tell when it's done doing this, but it will almost always be done by the time the Saturn logo screen is complete unless the CD is dirty or damaged.

3) When the Saturn logo screen is complete, take out the CD-R and put in an original Saturn disc.

4) Now the Saturn will check for the ring that is on the edge of all official Saturn discs (task 2). You should be able to hear the laser make a big movement right now, because it is going all the way from one end of the CD to the other. After the laser has moved, the access light will blink a few times as it reads the ring. Once the Saturn sees the ring, it is ready to return to the start of the disc and load the boot program (task 3). The laser will make another big movement - when you hear this movement, take out the original disc and put the CD-R back in. Now the Saturn will load the boot program from the CD-R and start the game.

Note: if you get the error message "Dischetto giocho incompatible col sistema" (this may not be completely correct, the message wasn't displayed long enough for me to type it) then you need to use the Saturn Country Code tool (in the misc section) to change the disc image. It won't work on CloneCD files, but you can use EZCD Pro, also in the misc. section, to read the disc you already have into a standard file. You can also get a cartridge that will bypass the country check.

i have the model 1 (the model with oval power & reset)

one questions, how is the time to swap the cdr -> cd original -> cdr ? in the faqs specific change the cd when the led is off ...........but for me this is not clear...

Made happy ignorance -=_=-'

wow when i reply ExCyber beat me in velocity.... therefore... firts thk a lot guys ^_^ thks for help me... but now i'm quite tired (in my city now the time is 1:53) now go to sleep... tomorrow i try and report you the result

cya

Try swapping without the cover of the saturn first. You have a fair amount of time to swap. I've been swapping on my model 1 for a while and I'd say you have a solid 4+ seconds to do the swap. And once you get it down you should be able to swap with the cover on.

I do the swap pretty quickly, but I think Gofamon is about right; I know at least once I've accidentally dropped the disc and had enough time to (quickly) pick it up and put it in.

model 1 swapping is extremely easy. turn on with cdr. wait till the light stops flashing, and swap about half a sec later (short delay after it stops). after reading the original protection, the LED will flash 3x fast.. swap right after that for the second time, and it'll boot. don't forget to tape down the door switch.

uhm i have som problem -_-'

i try the swap but never successful...

1) i start the saturn with cdr in... when the saturn logo is complete and the LED stops the lights i stop the motion of cd with some strength and change with original cd (tomb raider)

2) now the saturn laser spin of the end of cd... and (i think) read the regional code and some later spin near the inside the cd at this point i look the LED lights 2 or 3 time faster of when i have ignited the console

3) in this moment the consolescreen is on the Sega logo.... is vanished and the screen remains black and remains black........ and remains black -_-'

Someone can help me?

plz =_=''

I think this means that either:

- The burn is bad

- You're waiting too long to start the second swap

Hope this helps.

ugh i'm a beast =_=''

in before post i forgot to write... in the middle of 2 -> 3 points i change the cd for the second time

...uhm in the evening i try for different cdr with different game for controll

in any case thk for help

i ri ri ri try....

but always not succesful -_____-''''

tomorrow i can try with different disc, but the second swap (cd original -> cd r) excatly when i make this?

i see the LED flash 3 times faster but later the second times.... the led... flash one "long" lights ...it turns out to you also to you? i do swap before or later this flash?

you have to swap right after the LED flashes for the 3rd time, no matter if it flashes slow or fast.

Back