I didnt want to come home from vacation to this...

IceDigger

Founder
Staff member
So I left for vacation friday of last week and brought my car in to get the air conditioning repaired. I come home yesterday and today I picked up the car. The air conditioning works great but there is a big gouge in the paint now on the front bumper, its a custom paint job too. My mechanic said he will repaint the whole bumper so thats good.

Just venting right now. Almost cried when I saw it.

Picture 1

Picture 2

Picture 3

:(

I'm VERY sorry man

On a Corvette even! is nothing sacred?!?!

At least you'll have a fresh paint job on the bumper later

Ok, I'll just buy a new electric blue Z06 and give the old one to you.

Thanks for the suggestions VBT.

:D

Thats what I was thinking Joe. He didnt say how it happened just said bring it in next week and he will re-paint the bumper.

Pfph! Corvette....not even a Z06...

I'm kidding...it sux having something like that happen to your baby...though I'd be more suspicious of your mechanic since it was left in his care.

Originally posted by IceMan2k@Jul 25, 2003 @ 11:35 PM

Ok, I'll just buy a new electric blue Z06 and give the old one to you.

Thanks for the suggestions VBT.

:D

Ok I take it :D It will be a little big compared to my 3.61m car :)

I get majorly ticked whenever somebody bumps their door into my Corolla, I hat to think how I would feel if I had a Corvette.

never trust your car wtih him again simple as that reminds me of faris' day off(i can't spell the characters name. you guys know the movie)

Ferris Bueller's day off haha yeah when the guy takes his car out for a joy ride. Ice, how did you get the money for a vette though?

DUDE !!! YOUR WASTING YOURSELF ON THE VETTE !!! GO OUT AND GET YOURSELF A GEO METRO !!!

man it looks like he took it out and frelled it up -- but im thinking mabey it was good that it happened (paint wise - and not him taking it) -- looking at the pics it kind of seems to me that the paint was not put on right the first time that there was a pocket in that spot and what ever he hit crushed the pocket and casued the rest of the paint to crack -- and now you get to get it painted over and hopefully right this time

but man you should have demanded to know how it happened and watched his expresion when he explained it ---- if he has a kid the kid could have sneaked it out -- but the way the paint is damaged on the underside looks to me the car was used and driven over something --- like being in a parking lot and wanting to see how the car accelerates and then loosing control and driving over a divider or parking block ---- id never go to that guy again and tell others not to also

Originally posted by Supergrom+Jul 26, 2003 @ 01:09 AM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Supergrom @ Jul 26, 2003 @ 01:09 AM)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-racketboy@Jul 25, 2003 @ 09:55 PM

ooh -- the mechanic can also make it up to you by getting you one of these

a pentium 266? no thanks, just buy a laptop and stick it between the seats (we did that driving down to mexico. ) [/b][/quote]

pretty expensive

but I like the idea of the integration

like not having to worry about the whole power on/off thing

Originally posted by IceMan2k@Jul 25, 2003 @ 05:23 PM

So I left for vacation friday of last week and brought my car in to get the air conditioning repaired. I come home yesterday and today I picked up the car. The air conditioning works great but there is a big gouge in the paint now on the front bumper, its a custom paint job too. My mechanic said he will repaint the whole bumper so thats good.

Just venting right now. Almost cried when I saw it.

Picture 1

Picture 2

Picture 3

:(

:eek:mg: OMG, KITT isn't bullet-proof anymore?!!! :ph34r: :D

Damn Ice thats totally not cool. I agree it looks like he went for a joyride in it or one of his employee's did.

oooh there is a p3 model... :drool: dis would kick ass for in our van... too bad i don't have 500 bucks. :(

Or if you're serious about tricking out your car with some serious computing power, throw a nice system into the trunk and use that stereo slot space for something you'll appreciate, like a touchscreen TFT control panel. :D

Space is at a premium in my car, hehe. Although in an episode of the A-Team Murdock was able to fit in the back of Face's 84 vette.

Back