I know this isnt sega

Ratamahatta

Established Member
Since barely no one goes to the nx forum, I have a question, is it possible to place a light INSIDE the gameboy's screen so it lets some light, just say i destroy a lightboy and tie in the light to the gb's power source hooked into the power switch, is that possibe? I'd rather not worry about light and all that crap, and i'm not waiting for some guy to release his little light mod and rip us all off, i'd rather do it myself. Couldnt I tie in a variable resistor into the light so i can change the brightness levels as well? (I ask all this because i'm interested in taking apart my gameboy pocket for an experiment then operate on my gba.)

I havn't personaly taken apart a GBA before, but from what I have read on the net, the problem with puting in a back light is that the GBA screen has a metal plate on the back of it which blocks any light source wich could be put into it. Also, if the mettalic plate is removed the screen is ruined.

I meant for a gb pocket, there has to be a way to fit those small pen light bulbs and have it so there is varialbe brightness levels to it. if I can pull it off it would be rather cool. Plus to light the gba, all you have to do is light it around the screen i forget in what manner and there you go gbaL

Ok,I've got the "prototype" of the gbp light completed. it took me 5 minutes to plug in everything and get the system a rolling with full colour. no soldering was needed to test the light either. I'll have full plans posted on NX in the next few days as soon as i cna get the prototype finished (soldering)

I already did that, low power consumption and it looks actually crystal clear. I'll have the plans up around sometiem for anyone to do the upgrade.

Ratamahatta, I'm looking forward to adding that info to NX, drop me an email once its done.

I just want to mention that if everyone that posted a message to the effect of "... I'd post this on NX, but no one checks it" on the NX forum, it would have a lot more posts.

C'mon guys, don't be afraid of the NX forum, there are already a good few regulars and a lot less lamers than the SX forum. :p

Back