Ikaruga

Me 2.

biggrin.gif

It's a different style of shooter, neither is better than the other in my opinion, i happen to like them both a lot, but for different reasons, ikaruga is more like a puzzle game than a shooter, for me at least.

I like Ikaruga a lot, but did have to warm up to it at first. I think it really comes down to the fact that Radiant "was here first" and seems like an old friend to shooter fans whereas Ikaruga is the "new kid on the block" (albeit with famous parents :
wink.gif
: ).

That and Ikaruga kinda just thrusts you into the game without much of a background or even an opening movie the way Radiant does. Might limit the charm of Ikaruga there a bit.
smile.gif
Still, both games are fantastic.... some ppl, especially the idiots who claim Ikaruga is a sequel and/or named Radiant Silvergun 2, might regard the two games as brothers...I'd see them as cousins...different, yet of the same blood...and both awesome.

I have only Ikaragua, but soon i will get RS. SkankinMonkey you say Ikaragua and RS have different gameplay (i agre that Ikaragua is more like puzzle than shooters)! Wow Treasure ate GODS.

More weapons, ability to power them up, a better soundtrack (IMO), more enemies, and that fact that it's fullscreen all add up to make Radiant Silvergun better then Ikaruga and still greatest shooter of all time. Once again, IMHO.

Sorry abouot my rather...er...succint post from above.

yeah dude not detracting from the overall coolness of Ikaruga but RS was cooler...i think because it was longer and more weapons enemies etc

btw the Ikaruga has a screen that says project RS2 or something like that

so i think there was some sort of attempt to recreate what they had with RS if not to make a sequel

Ikaruga , I think, has a premise all of its own. It is a "speed-rush" kind of shooter. Radiant Silvergun is all about gameplay and story along with great grafx and soundtrack. The time spent on RS was definitely more than Ikaruga, but I have to say that Ikaruga's graphics and solid control blow RS away. I popped in RS after a few rounds of Ikaruga; it did not feel the same. The control was looser, but the length in RS definitely is a plus. Overall, Ikaruga is kind of a quick high and RS is a full length feature of action and thrills. I love them both equally and I hate to say one is better than the other; they are just different.-(Those clouds in RS still scare me though compared with Ikaruga's in the beginning; they are better in RS I think.)

Totally agree with alpharogue. Boy, and you know what's gonna rock?

The day Satourne is able to run Radiant Silvergun at full speed, with sound, and in a higher screen resolution than the Saturn. Have you seen the recent Satourne screenshots? The ships, bullets and FX have much more detail! This is going to give Radiant a whole new boost, sorta like Radiant mixed up with Ikaruga, spiced up, baked and served hot with a good wine. OK, OK, so it's lunchtime and I'm hungry. But you get my point. ;-)

Ahh, I'm looking forward to that day...

im kinda a shooter freak myself and must admit that rs generally pips ikaruga on a few fronts the game is longer and more defined u kinda know what u need to do on rs where as ikaruga is just straight in .i like the novel idea of flipping your ship to boost fire power,its a nice touch .there both still bloody hard,but thats what makes u go back to them they have a lasting appeal.def soundtrack goes to rs but ill just give it to ikaruga on the graphic front as it based on the naomi board ,which is what the dc is based on,and its a little more crispier,a nice try though to treasure at least there are still someone out there that try to cater for the shooter fan.

its gonna make an appearance on the gamecube too,

im looking forward to raiden fighters on xbox
biggrin.gif

Originally posted by Taelon@Oct. 17 2002, 12:41 pm

Totally agree with alpharogue. Boy, and you know what's gonna rock?

The day Satourne is able to run Radiant Silvergun at full speed, with sound, and in a higher screen resolution than the Saturn. Have you seen the recent Satourne screenshots? The ships, bullets and FX have much more detail! This is going to give Radiant a whole new boost, sorta like Radiant mixed up with Ikaruga, spiced up, baked and served hot with a good wine. ...

Ahh, I'm looking forward to that day...

That's what I'm sayin'! Can't wait for my PC to be a souped up Sega machine!

I haven't got to play much with RS except slowly on an emu. Got a glipse of what it's like, but that's about it.

I have Ikaruga on my beloved DC and it's pretty sweet. Like everyone says, it is significantly different. I can't really make a statement on which I like better though.

I was a little disappointed that there wasn't really any story with Ikaruga. (or is there a story later on in the game)?

Back