I'm not at my Senior Prom

ratfish

Established Member

So, right as I post this, my Senior Prom is going on, and I'm not there. You know what though, I don't really care. I don't know why I don't care, I just don't. It does feel sort of... strange, I guess. Every single person in my class is there also.

I really think that people make too much of a big deal about your Senoir Prom. I really don't understand why everybosy had to go throught the trouble of renting a tux, maybe a limo if your parent can pay for it (since I'm at a Catholic high school, I would think that many people could afford it), and going out to a nice expensive dinner. It's just too much.

Oh well, I bet I would've never cared even if I had went to it like everybody kept telling me too. Yes, even people I don't know well told me I just HAD to go. They said it's like the biggest even in my life, and crap like that. Even the administration kept urging the importance of it.

Well, that's my rant. I'd like to know what any of you think about this subject. Anybody who graduated, anybody who's in high school, whatever.

i didn't go to mine no regrets here(crashed the year after's prom sucked balls)

That makes 2 HS grads I know that didn't prom it up.

The other guy went to my school and was 2 years ahead of me. I don't think he cared either.

Heheh, that's funny. I didn't figure out when mine was until this Monday. gameboy900 breaks the record
laugh.gif

Originally posted by SegaFreak@May 10, 2003 @ 03:55 AM

So, right as I post this, my Senoir Prom is going on, and I'm not there. You know what though, I don't really care. I don't know why I don't care, I just don't. It does feel sort of... strange, I guess. Every single person in my class is there also.

I really think that people make too much of a big deal about your Senoir Prom. I really don't understand why everybosy had to go throught the trouble of renting a tux, maybe a limo if your parent can pay for it (since I'm at a Catholic high school, I would think that many people could afford it), and going out to a nice expensive dinner. It's just too much.

Oh well, I bet I would've never cared even if I had went to it like everybody kept telling me too. Yes, even people I don't know well told me I just HAD to go. They said it's like the biggest even in my life, and crap like that. Even the administration kept urging the importance of it.

Well, that's my rant. I'd like to know what any of you think about this subject. Anybody who graduated, anybody who's in high school, whatever.

No date eh?
laugh.gif

Hey Mr. "There's this girl that I like, and she's a dyke, and she's so pretty, but she likes this other older guy, and I'm so special" shut up!

Just because I don't have a date, doesn't *sniffle* mean *sniffle*...
sad.gif
[running away, cying in my pillow]

Originally posted by SegaFreak@May 10, 2003 @ 04:56 AM

Hey Mr. "There's this girl that I like, and she's a dyke, and she's so pretty, but she likes this other older guy, and I'm so special" shut up!

Hey that's long since been fixed :cheers

I went to my junior prom but not my senior (notice the spelling) prom. The prom isn't that great really, the only reason most people go is because they want to get laid or whatnot after the prom. Yeah, thats right, the school promotes sex under the table, and has been doing so for the last 50 odd years, big suprise. Anyhow, you're not missing much of anything unless you have a girl that wants to get in your pants, and do you really need an excuse for her to do that anyway?

Not me.
devil.gif

never went to mine --- don't regret it

stuff like that is pretty pointless overall

I'll one up you. Not only did I not attend my senior prom, I didn't attend my HS graduation. I had a beef with the administration and it was my pathetic way of protesting. Plus I hated most of the people in my class so I didn't want to sit there for 2 hours, supressing the urge to yell profanities at everyone crossing over. I still don't regret not going to either. And yes, I could have gotten a date for the prom, I just didn't want to go.

Now the question is, do I want to go to my college graduation? hmm...

Originally posted by SegaFreak@May 9, 2003 @ 09:55 PM

So, right as I post this, my Senoir Prom is going on, and I'm not there. You know what though, I don't really care.

you do care, otherwise you wouldn't have posted this....

looking for a little support in your decision?
wink.gif

I didn't really want to go to my senior prom either. But then this hot ass girl said yes, and I was like ok what the hell. The prom was definitely one of the few highlights of high school. It's hard to explain, people just act better. To anyone on the fence about going, I say go for it. You only get one prom. Go have some fun.

Originally posted by SkankinMonkey@May 9, 2003 @ 08:46 PM

senior (notice the spelling) prom.

"Senoir"?!? Thank you French class for making me stupid.

Originally posted by SkankinMonkey+May 9, 2003 @ 08:46 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(SkankinMonkey @ May 9, 2003 @ 08:46 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'>only reason most people go is because they want to get laid or whatnot after the prom.[/b]

BASTARDS!

Originally posted by Quadriflax@May 10, 2003 @ 04:45 AM

I didn't attend my HS graduation.
Originally posted by Quadriflax@May 10, 2003 @ 04:45 AM

Plus I hated most of the people in my class so I didn't want to sit there for 2 hours, supressing the urge to yell profanities at everyone

I hear ya. I'm not going to that either, or the party afterwards.

<!--QuoteBegin-Quadriflax
@May 10, 2003 @ 04:45 AM

Now the question is, do I want to go to my college graduation?[/quote]

No, just get the diploma and get the hell out of there.

I hereby promise not to make a stupid thread like this ever again.

This is the anti-social, poor spelling, sex deprived hermit, signing out.

Hey, I didn't go to mine either. And surprisingly, several others didn't, either, but for different reasons. My reasons were that it was a waste of time, I wasn't exactly on the same wavelength as my fellow classmates, and we were an all-boys catholic boarding school which meant either we didn't have girlfriends or guys brought bimbos to look cool (mind you, some were able to have relationships because we went home on the weekends). Some of the guys thought the would just plain suck regardless and didn't go, but I wonder if there were other reasons..

I never found proms to be that interesting. I do not doubt for some people it's a fun social gathering to hang out with friends, but for some of us it is an awkward show-and-tell where people try to bring the best dates, look the best, be the top of the social food chain for the night. Reminds me of Hollywood. That is my perception of the event. I don't regret not going to the prom ; I don't regret not going to things where I know that I will be unhappy and attendance is optional. Like church..... :devil

Live life the way that you want.

Originally posted by SegaFreak@May 9, 2003 @ 09:55 PM

So, right as I post this, my Senoir Prom is going on, and I'm not there. You know what though, I don't really care. I don't know why I don't care, I just don't. It does feel sort of... strange, I guess. Every single person in my class is there also.

i dont care that your not there either, what a coincidence

edit: i bet galstaff wouldve been ur date

I never understood how someone could go to a programmable read only memory so I never went. I was left out of the loop. It was everyone's fault but mine.

It was just my senior prom this time last weekend. I went, and I had a helluva good time going. It's a lot of fun for me to get myself spiffed up, flirt with good looking ladies, bump and grind a bit, then go party afterwards. I don't see why anybody wouldn't enjoy an evening like that. It's just one of those things that you only get to have fun from it if you're trying hard... it's not just gonna fall into your lap. Forced socialization is the only way to enjoy yourself, even if you don't like doing it.

Back