Image types and 50/60hz question

Found my old Model 2 Saturn in the attic last week and decided to set it up.

Got the modchip from Racketboy today and that been fitted nicely, but just a few things I need to get clarified.

All the info/tutorials that deal with burning Saturn games have the bin (mode1/2048) and cue format. but I have a few that are in Alcohol 120 format (mdf/mds). Tried a test burn with standard settings in alcohol with the slowest speed I could but didnt't work (audio tracks played, but says "Game disc unusable in this system")

Originals work fine with chip in or out, so just wondering if its best to convert to a bin/cue (not mode 2352 as UltraISO converted it to) or is the a specific setting I need to set in alcohol (DOA, RAW, TAO)?

Also with the chip installed is it also best to do the 50/60hz mod as well?

Originally posted by Ste808@Sat, 2006-05-06 @ 05:41 AM

Tried a test burn with standard settings in alcohol with the slowest speed I could but didnt't work (audio tracks played, but says "Game disc unusable in this system")

That means that you're trying to play a game that's coded for another region.

You could buy a 4 in 1 cart, install region switches or re-rip the image and patch it to your region using Satconv. You can get Satconv from the Saturn Utilities section.

I have a cart and IMHO it saves so much hassle.

Alcohol don't work very well for saturn games, at least not for me. The 50/60hz mod is usefull but I'd do it just to play originals, you can just download another version of a iso....

Back