Interested in making a 3d Phantasy Star game for Saturn?

Interested in making a 3d Phantasy Star game for Saturn?

Something like PSO but less graphic.

If someone wants to make something like it, please contact me and i will help you as much as i can!

How about just creating psV and create some really good looking graphics and a good storyline, that would be excellent to do on the saturn.

Yeah, that would look cool! Think of having the normal PS-style 2d Gfx in Saturn quality! And the battles in 3d like in Shining Force 3 or Shining the holy ark!

Also, maybe some nice FMV sequenses! That would be brilliant!

One thing to include in the game is the 3d dungeon layout from ps1 but actually have a character in view walking, that would be pretty cool.

Hey daniel, if you are interested in making this excellent psV get in contact with me in one way or another if you arent too busy, i'd be happy to help

Well, i really want to make a game like this, but i don´t know much about Saturn programming yet. All i have done is some short buggy text adventures. (and an x-mas greeting. wich is the only thing that i have got to compile right). But i can draw gfx, do 3d renderings and music, and i´ll learn more and more programming all the time. What is mostly needed thought, is a skilled programmer. If you could help, it would be great! You can mail me at daniel_e86@hotmail.com if you want. I have some friends wich are very skilled at playing musik. (i have played synth with them), i can ask them if they want to help making music. (Well, they are already helping me making music for another game i am making (for pc, i know quite a lot Basic). And it really sounds great. I think that would suit a PS game!) As i said, if you can do the programming, i can do anything else that we need for the game, so just ask :) . I have much time and i am not busy with anything so that should not be any problem! Actually, i think this could turn out great!

Well my friend has professional music equipment and graphics equipment so he could help out too, and i could get some of my friends to help program with me. Hey maybe we'll luck out and sega would want to make a port of the game eh? (just a bit of wishful thinking)

Great! Maybe, since Sega is a multi-format-company now they maybe have some time over to release som older games to, for example Saturn games! I guess it could turn out really great! How do you think it would look best? 2d style like PSII,PSIII,PSIV or 3d like PSI (atleast the dungeons are 3d) and PSO? I guess that 3d is harder to make, but it something like Panzer Dragoon Saga would look amazing. Also, the battles would look great if we made them something like Shining The Holy Ark (it is very much like PS), but maybe that you could rotate the camera around the battle and have some cool camera angels. About caracters, i think they should be in Anime style like the other PS games, but i myself are just starting to learn to draw anime/manga so i am not good at it yet.

Well, I think it should be based more or less on the graphic layout of psIV, but for an added quirk have it so there are certain sections in the game that use the 3d dungeon model from PSI. The rotation battle sounds very good to me. I think if we get our acts together we could pull off a very decent game. 3d rpgs make me lose interest, psIV was amazing as a 2d'r

Yes, i also think that idea would be best. PSIV is my favorit of all the PS games and i also thought it had the best gfx. Maybe there could be some mini-games that has a different wiev, as you mentioned. For example flying the Landale through a cave or something (just an example,but you get the idea). Another thing i thought about, when should the game take place? After IV or before. Maybe a side adventure like PSO or PS Gaiden? I think a side adventure would be easier (there is not much evil left after PSIV :) ), but a sequel would shureley be cooler. What do you think?

It should be a side adventure, remember how chaz and rika were left on parma? and the rest took off on the landale, have it take place sometime after that, maybe 100 years and an evil person (sorry for the bad description) finds the landale, and its a duty to return it, and a whole big adventure is spawned off from that?

Yeah, that sounds great. Maybe we could add a system like the PSIII one, where you can chose who you want to marry, and that changes some of the storyline. I think that is a great system, but PSIII is the one i like least in the series (it still is better than many other rpgs, and it has some new ideas)! Also, maybe it would be cool to have some extra adventures, liek the Hunters Guild missions from PSIV. They are great and they add lots to playing lenght.

Yeah, mini adventures sound good to add in, build up some experience and gold when palyers need it. I talked to my buddy today and he said that he would definetly do the music, which would be an orchestral score, to match the mood of the ps series. If all falls together inthis game, it should be a rather killer game to get

Yep, it sounds like its going to become something great! Good that your friend want to help us! I have always liked the orchestral music of PS. (the techno bits of PSIV are great to). Have you seen the gfx for Albert Odyseé the legend of eldéan for Saturn? Something like that would look amazing!

Okay, here's the thing: I'd love to help out (design/writing/coding, as time permits), but I'm not really comfortable working on a game that's directly based on the preexisting PS storyline or characters - among other concerns, I think I'd be artistically out of line to mess with PS in that way. Still, I'm willing to help if the project doesn't seem to step on PS's toes too much.

Quote: from ExCyber on 11:37 pm on Feb. 15, 2002

Okay, here's the thing: I'd love to help out (design/writing/coding, as time permits), but I'm not really comfortable working on a game that's directly based on the preexisting PS storyline or characters - among other concerns, I think I'd be artistically out of line to mess with PS in that way. Still, I'm willing to help if the project doesn't seem to step on PS's toes too much.

Why don't you get on irc anymore?

Aside from having less free time lately (and recognizing my bad habit of watching IRC when I could be doing more important things), my shiny new Athlon XP 1800+, apparently wishing to follow the example of my monitor, decided to call it quits about a week ago. I didn't want to install a bunch of crap on my dad's computer, since I'm hoping for a fairly fast replacement (the dead proc is already at AMD, now I just have to wait to see if they think I broke it :wink:).

Back