Interesting E3 Console Speculation

racketboy

Established Member
What do you all think?

http://news.com.com/2100-1043_3-1000771.ht...html?tag=fd_top

I'm dreaming of a smaller/quieter $150 XBox that I can still mod
smile.gif

(or a newer cheaper model that will make the used current models sell for a lot less
smile.gif
)

I can dream, can't I?

That's a pretty long period of time where savvy hackers could steal credit card numbers.

Good thing I don't use passport. (or have a credit card in that case
laugh.gif
)

Oh yeah, and check this out.

Originally posted by CNET News.com

Schelley Olhava, an analyst for research firm IDC, calculates a 50-50 chance of price cuts around E3. "I can see justification both ways," she said, adding that bundling deals have proven to be effective sales boosters lately. "There's been a big trend since the holidays to bundle, and they may just continue with that," she said.

OMG! K thx for your brilliance.
tongue.gif
It's like saying,"Well, there could be a price drop, or maybe there couldn't." 50-50? I hate it when people say that! Just say you don't frickin' know!

And then she says that there gonna bundle games with the systems. What the hell is that? Reading this makes me feel like a genius. I should be an analyst for that IDC research firm. Doesn't seem like you have to know much, just state the obvious.

Originally posted by SegaFreak@May 16, 2003 @ 08:24 PM

XBox dropped to $179.99.

Hmm, still too much. If they threw in a game, maybe I would consider.

yeah it's dumb

They lower the price, but now there's now JSRF or Sega GT included (I think)

Nintendo is offering a GC now with a free Gameboy Player (very cool) at the normal $150 but now you don't seem to get a free game.

Originally posted by racketboy+May 16, 2003 @ 03:32 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(racketboy @ May 16, 2003 @ 03:32 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-SegaFreak@May 16, 2003 @ 08:24 PM

XBox dropped to $179.99.

yeah it's dumb

Nintendo is offering a GC now with a free Gameboy Player (very cool) at the normal $150 but now you don't seem to get a free game. [/b][/quote]

You just can't please some people. <_<

Originally posted by SegaFreak@May 16, 2003 @ 12:24 AM

XBox dropped to $179.99.

It's a wonder the PS2 is still so much. If Sony dropped the console to say $130, they could eliminate their competition by bankrupting them (or in MS's case, have them seriously reconsider their future in the market).

Originally posted by gameboy900+May 16, 2003 @ 04:23 PM--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(gameboy900 @ May 16, 2003 @ 04:23 PM)</div><div class='quotemain'>
Originally posted by racketboy@May 16, 2003 @ 03:32 PM

<!--QuoteBegin-SegaFreak
@May 16, 2003 @ 08:24 PM

XBox dropped to $179.99.

yeah it's dumb

Nintendo is offering a GC now with a free Gameboy Player (very cool) at the normal $150 but now you don't seem to get a free game.

You just can't please some people. <_< [/b][/quote]

Haha! I'm one stingy bastard!
laugh.gif

Back