IOS is 2048 WAVs are 2352

IceDigger

Founder
Staff member
I am trying to burn a game where the IOS is 2048 WAVs are 2352 - everything seems to burn ok then when i try to play it it says the disc is not suitable.....

That's the way it's supposed to be. Is this a Saturn game you're burning? If so, it can't play just putting in a CD-R. You will need to perform the swap trick or get a mod chip installed.

If it says 'Disc not suitable for this system' this means that you Saturn is not recognizing it as a Saturn game. This could be due to a bad rip or a bad burn. You could try reburning it at a lower speed, but I wouldn't count on it making a difference.

If it says 'Game disc not suitable for this system' this means that you Saturn is recognizing it as a Saturn game but with the wrong country code for your Saturn. Change the iso's country code to match that of your Saturn using Satconv (DOS or Win32), reburn and all should be well.

Originally posted by mal@July 07 2002,09:16

If it says 'Disc not suitable for this system' this means that you Saturn is not recognizing it as a Saturn game. This could be due to a bad rip or a bad burn.

or your are using a bad media
sad.gif

try that back medias
wink.gif

the games I have at the cheap cdr´s don´t work, I get this message

but the ones at the good cd´s work perfectly
smile.gif

I've only ever had bad media give choppy audio or bad FMV, but it's never actually caused my Saturn to reject a game before.

Bad media, as in defective media, could lead to a sudden termination of the burn before reaching 100%, thus resulting in an instant coaster. I had that happen to me once before BURN proof technology came about.

is the game

pal,usa or jap

and what system do u have

did u check that the games suits your system before u burned

it(if not then guess ull have to patch it to suit your territory)

do u have it chipped and action replay cart to play imports

questions that need to be asked

check the image/game with satconv

to see what territory it is

then patch to suit your needs

the other cd u have stick it in your microwave(not white top ones though)(casue theyll do some damage)(or blow up)great fun and they all make differant patterns depending on the cd manufacturer (a couple of seconds will do the trick)

great party trick

Back